• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Got accepted into Fastclick!

echang

Hi everyone, I applied to become a Fastclick publisher 2 hours ago. Now I just got an email from them saying I was accepted :D

Now after the celebration is over, I need to ask a question.
I have currently placed the 468X60 ad code at the very top (beside my logo). I also have another ad space just below the logo. Should I place the 468X60 ad on both ad spaces? Or should I apply for another ad network? I am here to listen.

just my opinion, but i would get rid of the one below the logo and move it toward the bottom of the page. i would also use fastclick on both.

Thanks for your opinion Force :)

But Fastclick only allows you to place 468X60 banners above the page fold, withing 500 pixels of the top of your web page :(

Any more suggestions?

Hello Edward and welcome! :)

Congratulations on getting accepted into fastclick :birthday:

If you want to generate extra revenue with fastclick, who not use their non obtrusive popunders?

Thanks Jan :)

I have added popunders on my main page. Do you think I should have 2 468X60 banners or is 1 enough?

I personally don't like banners cluttering my pages, although I do use some. You might be better off looking for some company that doesn't mind if you put one at the bottom. Don't ask me for names as I haven't considered it. Someone else might know of one though.

I have said it before, but I think I would be more likely to click a banner if it was at the bottom, so I see it after I have finished browsing the page. I am not going to scroll back up just to look at/click a banner.

Why not placing a link exchange banner over there. There are several banner exchange programs like hitexchange and the one from Bcentral/Microsoft (always forget the name of that program). It may not earn you money but it may get you more visitors which results in more money :D

Congratulations with your approval ... they were not so nice for me (three times already) :angry2:

Place the banner at the top of the page. If your CTR falls below .25% for more than 14 days in a row, you are out.

if i were you i would add a skyscraper in the orange section on teh right, it fits there and would look good, just an idea though.

i actually quite like them, lol. but the banners on fastclick arent that good cpm either, i was expecting better rates from fastclick.

Originally posted by Edward
Hi everyone, I applied to become a Fastclick publisher 2 hours ago. Now I just got an email from them saying I was accepted :D

you got a reply in 2 hours, it took me over 2 days to get a reply, lucky. lol.

Thanks for all your thoughts and advice :)

I like the idea of placing a banner exchange ad on my site...
but where? Should I put it below the logo, beside my logo, or
at the bottom? I signed up for HitExchange, but are there better ones out there?

Edward, nice site. But the design lacks hugely. Perhaps i can help you with a design? Nothing back needed, i have free layouts i been working on to offer on my site, i can make 1 for you specially :)

Popunders? are you serious? My site had both, and i had a very small percentage of popunders higher, compared to popups. In the end, it about evened up bc i got .003 for popups and .002 for popunders. I say go with both....

If I'm not mistaken, SilverX, you're thinking of PopupTraffic. FastClick doesn't offer popups, and their unders perform exceptionally well.

Originally posted by Czar
If I'm not mistaken, SilverX, you're thinking of PopupTraffic. FastClick doesn't offer popups, and their unders perform exceptionally well.

True, i tried to get into fastclick, but they wouldn't except my site, it was a anime related site.

But i did get a check from popuptraffic..

how much are you guys earning from fastclick?
I am making $6 a day.

fastclick is kind of easy to get in, unless your site is anime or cheat sites.

Originally posted by Johnny
how much are you guys earning from fastclick?
I am making $6 a day.

fastclick is kind of easy to get in, unless your site is anime or cheat sites.

Trust me, Fastclick is NOT easy to get into. They do NOT accept Anime sites, game sites and entertainment sites. Whatever reason they have ... it sounds like a boring ad program :D All the fun sites get refused :(

Back