• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Google Webmaster Tools Setup

jesicawillss

Hello. I want to setup Google Webmaster Tools account but don't know how to do. Please guide me that after registration what is the process and after setting up an account which are the most important things to keep in mind?

Hi jesicawillss, once you've regitered you need to 'add site' to your account. You can add multiple sites, as you need. You have to validate your sites, which either means adding a special <meta> tag to your html or if you already have Google Analytics added to your html you can validate it that way.

Once you have a site attached, Google will start to show you certain features of your website, like search terms where your site shows up on, main single keywords on your site, number of backlinks and where from and to, and many more features. I think it seems a bit basic at first, but once you understand more and delve into the rest of the features it really is helful.

I think the submit sitemap feature is very important. This tells Google what pages are on your site, so that it will make sure to index the ones you want, and of course, not the ones you dont want. I recommend making as much use of the 'help' section which will actually help a lot.

You will first Sing up a Google account, then open Google webmaster site and submit your website link by fill all details related to your website. After completely fill the details, GWT give a code, Copy it and paste in your website Homepage source code and verify your account, If GWT approve it, your account have set up. Now you can track your website.
In GWT you should notice on your website errors and Search traffic.

Back