• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Google PSAs

Ashed

I've been getting these ALL the time on my sites. There are texts on all my pages and Google still can't show targeted ads, what's happening?

Anybody having this problem?

I've only had google ads for a few days, but yeah, I get them a lot.

I'm not sure if it's slow spidering, or if my site just doesn't have much of a theme that they've picked up on. Might be time to drop some keywords in there somewhere.

I've emailed Google about the PSA problem and I got a standard canned email from them about "we are looking into the problem". I am actively looking for a program to replace Google at this time. :bandit2:

yeah i have the same problem, but i noticed that ads with a channel are showing targeted ads, but ads without one are showing PSAs :S

i just found out that when i look at a page on my computer, it shows targeted ads, but when the same page is on my server, it's a PSA. And it's only my index page that shows PSAs, but not any other page :S

I was getting PSA for most of my pages except the Services page, but now i get targeted most of the time on most of the pages. Not really sure why.

I'm thinking for my page, which is updated daily, the content changes too fast for it to spider the page and keep current ads up. Right now I'm getting Scuba and Diving gear ads, even though I have nothing on the page in any way related to that sort of thing.

At least it's not the PSA's I suppose.

I don't understand the channels though, what are they for, and how do I set them up ?

you can use channels to show specific stats. I have a channel for my personal site, so i can see how much of the total revenue i receive is from my personal site. to set them up, go to settings > channels and create a channel. then when you go to the ad layout code page, make sure you select the channel you want the ads to be.

Thanks for explaining the channels. I only have one site, and only the main page gets any real traffic, so I have no need for them just yet.

phuckedup, it's probably just a matter of time, or a lack of ads to display on google's part.

hmm..hopefully the PSAs will go away soon. Now they show up on 2 pages, not 1! :S i might email Google in a few days..

Well right now I'm getting "Find Army Tank on ebay" ads, so I'm not sure that google has the 'targeted' ads thing quite right. :p

I'm still getting PSAs, but now it's displaying the set colours. It doesn't look so bad, but i'd rather normal targeted ads :( I can "Invest in education for girls in Nepal, Vietnam, India & Cambodia"

As far as I know, PSAs appear when there is no relevant content to the ads presented by Google. They also appear a lot when you've just added the code to your site and the spider has not crawled it enough yet.

Back