• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Google introduces PPC Listings

Is this a step in the right direction for Google?

• Yes, they should replace their other ads with AdWords Select aswell

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Yes, it sounds like a step in the right direction.

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • No, I like the exising program AdWords.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Google now has too many ads

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
https://adwords.google.com/select

Google has added a new sponsorship option, allowing advertisers to pay for a position in their search engine through a Pay-Per-Click model similar to Overture, Findwhat, Kanoodle and other major PPC players.

Although it does have some conditions to try and keep results relevant, like a minimum of 0.5% click-throughs and it must be related to the search-term you are bidding on.

Looks intresting, what are your thoughts/opinions?

Sunk to this level. Is it so wrong for them to make advertising dollars? And Adswords are targetting, so the ads are actually adding to the content.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from the user point of view isn't this the same thing Google has had for a long time? It's just that it now has CPC instead of just CPM. The search results are still unpolluted, the ads are just around the edges, same as it's been for a long time.

Much better than their other program that cost alot and gave little return. I'm sure they will get solid advertising dollar from this one.

domthing that has not been mnetioned in here, does google not have a minimum click though price of somthing like 70 cents?

I have not looked into it properly so can not say that price is accurate, but if it is, it means very little in monetry value than there currant amount, what would be good is if they could set the minimum bu keyword, so jokes would go down to 5 cents for example as very few bid that amount if they do at all.

Originally posted by jkcity
domthing that has not been mnetioned in here, does google not have a minimum click though price of somthing like 70 cents?

I have not looked into it properly so can not say that price is accurate, but if it is, it means very little in monetry value than there currant amount, what would be good is if they could set the minimum bu keyword, so jokes would go down to 5 cents for example as very few bid that amount if they do at all.

The absolute minimum bid amount is 5c on all keywords, although those terms that were advertised in Google's older programs have been re-calculated to the same value. So many terms are as expensive as a typical PPC result in Findwhat, Overture, Kanoodle etc.

It's a fairly confusing system to explain and it's best described by actually visiting the website and following the steps or example in the top right. You can investigate the possible amount of the campaign you wish to run without any outlay.

Hopefully this will help,

It looks good. It has some perks that aren't offered by the others. The Discounter is a nice feature. It's also a plus that you need just $5 to get started when others charge $50-200 as your initial deposit.

Back