• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Google Australia

Originally posted by Akalon
What's the difference? Still get the same results dont you? :confused:
No, but probably the holiday logos won't be shown, they probably won't upgrade everything google.com has.... like the google viewer.

In my opinion, it is the same site, except balanced on different servers to balanc the traffic load.

Instead of 10000 hits/per on server1, they are splitting it on server1,2,3,4,5,6, and so on, to make it faster.

And trenz, "holiday logo's" are a mather of just changing a .gif in the www dir, cant be too dificult :)

Goggle always redirects me to the Canadian version, I have to click the little link at the bottom to get the normal one. In fact, most every website that attempts to second-guess what country I'm in says it's Canada.

I realize the common man thinks Maine is part of Canada for some strange reason, but you'd think they'd know better.

I kept it from redirecting me by putting my language back to "English" on the preferences page and then saving.
When I put www.google.com now it stays put instead of offering the nationalized version. :)

Originally posted by Dusty
Goggle always redirects me to the Canadian version, I have to click the little link at the bottom to get the normal one. In fact, most every website that attempts to second-guess what country I'm in says it's Canada.

I realize the common man thinks Maine is part of Canada for some strange reason, but you'd think they'd know better.

My guess is that your isp has a hop that stops in Canada and then goes outward.

Back