• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Google Adsense new feature - image ads

Peo

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Google Adsense today introduced image ads[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Now, in addition to text ads, you can choose to show highly-targeted image ads on your web pages. Unlike traditional banner ads, Google's image ads are contextually targeted to the content of your page, providing your users with a high impact, high value advertisement - and providing you with the opportunity to earn more revenue. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For the full details about image ads, please read our What's New page at https://www.google.com/adsense/new[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. [/font]
[/font]

I have enabled it here to try it out, but I haven't seen any of the ads yet.

Are these paid better than the old text ones .. or are you just thinking they will get more clicks like that ?
I have enabled them too right now, i´ll check and see if they come up and how they look.

Last edited:
I have enabled them on my account and i guess due to their less availability of image adverts, they are not being displayed.

As the time passes, they should be available and might be very helpful.

I have also heard about the new images ads. But if they are something that I will use instead of the old text ads, i'm not sure as I don't think the image ads will earn more in the long run.

I enabled the image ads yesterday but haven't seen them yet. It's because the AdWords customers must upload their images first.

I've seen some image ads by google at www.tutorialized.com (not associated with buildtolearn) and they looked great. The page was a list of tutorials on image manipulations and they showed some ad for an image editor. I thought that was a great use of images for advertising through adwords (or should they rename it to adwords-and-images?)

I've seen the first Adsense image ad now here on FreeWebspace.net. Looks good.

hm.. how exactly do we earn the $$? by users click on it or what? i noticed that, let say i have 99users seen the web site without clicking anything, and 1users clicked the banner . i can see that the google divide the money with 100users. so if i have earn 1$ and divide it to 100users that enter the pages and 99 of them didn't click. now only have 1cent .

correct me if i am wrong

aki said:
hm.. how exactly do we earn the $$? by users click on it or what? i noticed that, let say i have 99users seen the web site without clicking anything, and 1users clicked the banner . i can see that the google divide the money with 100users. so if i have earn 1$ and divide it to 100users that enter the pages and 99 of them didn't click. now only have 1cent .

correct me if i am wrong

Yes!

You earn from Adsense by clickthru's! You must not self click or force others to click for you.

aki no, google doesn't divide by how many users you have. Some of those links are worth less and others more. I got in one day about 200 users and earned like 6 $ from 4 clicks...

john874 said:
Yes!

You earn from Adsense by clickthru's! You must not self click or force others to click for you.

lol, force other to click? i can't force ppl :biggrin2: . but how can google knows who is clicking ?(if some ppl click in the same banner many times?)

I saw my first image ad too! It looks pretty good on my site.

Google can tell by the ip address.. You're not allowed to click your own ads.

Not sure if its better, because some people don't click on image banners, just because they are common and annoying ads, but text ads seem to be part of the content in a site and have more information about the product.
Anyways, its something to try

Back