• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Google adsense. I get only 10 cents per click. :(

gastong

I know about people who recives more than 80 cents per clics with google adsense.
My website is about free scripts and templates. And i only get 10 cents per click. I have changed the keywords of some pages to show other kind of ads, for example hosting ads. But it still shows ads about templates, wich don't pay well.
Any sugestion will be very apreciated.
Thanks

I AM FURIOUS!!
THIS IS MY REPORT FOR TODAY:

Page impressions: 264
Clicks: 5
Clickthrough rate: 1,9%
Your earnings: $ 0,31

With 5 clicks i got only 31 cents! :doh!: :doh!: :doh!:

Please somebody help me :crying5:

Last edited:
Ten cents per click is good in any advertising program.

Only the really really good ones pay upwards of 20 cents. ;)

I havent changed any keywords at all, but each day I am getting paid different amounts per click. Remember that each advertiser pays different amounts. Every so often someone will click on one of these, hance why I got so much on the 12th. Just give it time, you have a pretty good click through rate, just get some more hits and you will increase your profits.

Last edited:
i obviously meant 10 cents a click is good, what do you expect to make? jeez. 1.9% clickthru rate is pretty good. but your site gets hardly any impressions, so you wont make much.

Originally posted by Kylem
i obviously meant 10 cents a click is good, what do you expect to make? jeez. 1.9% clickthru rate is pretty good. but your site gets hardly any impressions, so you wont make much.

My site is very new, it isn't advertised yet. I hope to get much more visitors in the future :)

Last edited:
Checkout my stats:

Wednesday, November 26, 2003 4,243 15 0.4% $13.95
---- 8 clicks
Friday, November 28, 2003 6,574 8 0.1% $7.76
Saturday, November 29, 2003 8,770 6 0.1% $0.93
Sunday, November 30, 2003 5,438 4 0.1% $1.17
Monday, December 1, 2003 2,170 2 0.1% $3.24

------- 21 clicks
Thursday, November 13, 2003 3,806 21 0.6% $2.84

For just 8 clicks got paid $7.76 ... and sometimes for 21 just $2.84 .. I can't beleive how i got $7.76 for 8 clicks, maybe some fault with their system or whatever.

newbie to these google ads

So with google ads you only get paid when some one clicks on the google banner and you can choose the type of ad listing that you want listed on the website.

You can't choose the ads that show up, per say. Ads are automatically served based on certain keywords on your site.

You can choose the size and orientation of the ads, as well as change the colours.

Yes, you only get paid for a click (as with Google Adwords, you only pay for each click).

You can choose the size and orientation of the ads, as well as change the colours.

What do you mean with chose the orientation?
I knew about the keywords, but i have changed them and the banners didn't change the subject :(
:coolmusic

Google displays ads based on the content of your page, the actual text that the user sees, not just on the keywords in the meta tags. You cannot choose which ads are displayed on your site, however you can "ban" advertisers from being displayed on your site.

There's really nothing you can do, since the ads appearing on your site will be targeted. If those type of ads have low competition, the cost per click will be low. I average a couple of bucks per click, with some as high as $6.00, but that's because the traffic is targeted to work at home opportunities.

Last edited:
Yes, it's keywords in the content of your site. What I mean by orientation was you can have skyscrapers, a large banner (like the one above this forum) or a smaller banner (only 2 ads wide) or there is an inline mode with 4 ads in a small square meant to go right in the middle of a page.

It is against google's TOS to discuss all these number publicly. Lots of ppl's adsense earning has been down recently, me too...... any adsense rate actually vary everyday. My highest achievement is 8+ per click :biggrin2:

https://www.google.com/adsense/terms

Confidentiality. You agree not to disclose Google Confidential Information without Google's prior written consent. "Google Confidential Information" includes without limitation: (a) all Google software, technology, programming, technical specifications, materials, guidelines and documentation relating to the Program; (b) click-through rates or other statistics relating to Site performance in the Program provided to You by Google; and (c) any other information designated in writing by Google as "Confidential" or an equivalent designation. It does not include information that has become publicly known through no breach by You or Google, or information that has been (i) independently developed without access to Google Confidential Information, as evidenced in writing; (ii) rightfully received by You from a third party; or (iii) required to be disclosed by law or by a governmental authority. Nothing in this Agreement shall prohibit or limit either party's use or disclosure of the U.S. Federal income tax treatment and U.S. Federal income tax structure of any transaction contemplated by this Agreement and all materials of any kind (including opinions or other tax analyses) that are provided to it relating to such tax treatment or tax structure, except where confidentiality is necessary to comply with applicable federal or state securities laws.

:confused5

Can't talk about this?! i can't belive it. They are very exagerated. But AdSense is great, and rules are rules!! so i wont talk any more, i don't want to get banned
:coolmusic

Back