• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

google ads at signature?

ChangAdam

is there a way to add google ads to my signature at PHPBB and IPB forums? cuz i see na guy that had in vBulletin

well i dont think Leriss means here cause this is vbulletin and leriss is asking about php and ipb

A lot of forums don't allow affiliate links in signatures, so you would need to check the rules of the separate forums.

Are you sure what you saw was in a signature ? There are mods that forum owners use to place google ads between posts for example.

It's possible to insert ads in the signature on a vBulletin forum.
I've done it on my site. A 468x60 banner is inserted into the sig of the first post of each thread. I done this by modifying the "showthread" template I think. It was a while ago so not sure if that was the one I changed.

I never seen this done on any forums if it was not against googles TOS it would be cool because it would be like everyone is getting paid to post. But if everyone did it, google would ban many accounts hehe

I think in thier TOS it says no more than 2 per page. Also, if you have ever downloaded a template with adsense code in it, all you will see is a text image of "You are not authorized to view this page" with the blue ! point. I think its in the coding that even if you were allowed to post html on a site you didnt register the specific ad service, the ads wouldnt show anyway.

Last edited:
Back