• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

good 'ole days :)

allanh

Bankai
NLC
since I am on my annual leave at the moment and have nothing to do at home, I did a browse of the old, old threads of my own since 2001.

I found many entertaining threads back then, either started by myself or others.

It is kind of sad to see 80% of the old members like Giancarlo, cracker, Chicken, Mandrake, Stu, Webdude, NC_Tom, Trenzterra, Conkermaniac no longer posting.

I see threads arguing over who is the best free host, how to get CGI, even ftp was a big bonus back then.

The threads nowadays are definitely not as interesting ( or interesting in a stupid way :D) and the expectation are 100X higher.

I think we should have a 10 yr fws.net reunion soon!:cool2:

I miss the old days of all the forums I browse. It seems I haven't joined a new one for a few years.

The funny thing is that the internet feels like a totally different place now than it used to.

There's a much less favourable signal to noise ratio, and way more annoying emo kids complaining about their lives.

Maybe I'm just getting old :nervous:

Or maybe it's the late onset ADD. I can't pay attention to anything for more than

I miss the old days of all the forums I browse. It seems I haven't joined a new one for a few years.

The funny thing is that the internet feels like a totally different place now than it used to.

There's a much less favourable signal to noise ratio, and way more annoying emo kids complaining about their lives.

Maybe I'm just getting old :nervous:

Or maybe it's the late onset ADD. I can't pay attention to anything for more than
I agree with all of this.

I don't think Rogers would be too happy about them, I'm already giving them hundreds of dollars a month in their services.

I wasn't really that active a few years back so I cannot say exactly how much it has changed. I have only read some of the older threads and got really amused. Wonderful posts they were.

But from all your posts and my point of view it seems that FWS has changed alot. ;)

since I am on my annual leave at the moment and have nothing to do at home, I did a browse of the old, old threads of my own since 2001.

I found many entertaining threads back then, either started by myself or others.

It is kind of sad to see 80% of the old members like Giancarlo, cracker, Chicken, Mandrake, Stu, Webdude, NC_Tom, Trenzterra, Conkermaniac no longer posting.

I see threads arguing over who is the best free host, how to get CGI, even ftp was a big bonus back then.

The threads nowadays are definitely not as interesting ( or interesting in a stupid way :D) and the expectation are 100X higher.

I think we should have a 10 yr fws.net reunion soon!:cool2:
Meow and YUPAPA, Anhedonia, Coolin, Hayama-kun/whatever he is now.

Back