• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Good Case For modding.

dawizman

I am looking for a new case. I plan on modding. I am looking for an ordinary case, with no fancy bells and whistles (no windows, no mobo trays, no paint, no PSU, low price, etc...). Preferably aluminum, and preferably with no fancy curves. Just a rectangular box. If anyone knows of a case like this, please post the manufacturer and model.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Try a midtower Lian Li, they are nice cases IMO. They go quite pricey tho.....

A lot of the Chieftecs dragons are used to practice modding on and are on the cheap side, may wanna give it a try.

yeah, i was looking a lian li's, but they are a little high. If I cant find any-thin else, i mak go with a PC-05 (only $65 Canadian). I will take a look at the Dragon, but i'm not sure if any of my suppliers can get them.

Dam, I just checked out the dragon, I have a Turbo Gamer X-Pider which is the same thing. I dont want to have 2 of the same cases. Thanks anyway el crapo.

Nikaos. Extremely cheap cases(don't come with PSU though), decent, easy to mod or come with a window already.

Daniel, couldn't find anything on the one you mentioned. Bruce. Thats not quite what I'm looking for. I would rather not have any plastic. Metal is easier, and cheaper to paint. I am looking at something under $125 Canadian for any future posts.

If you don't want a plastic bezel you will severely limit your choices. Even Chieftec uses plastic bezels. The only thing I could think of then is Lian-Li or Coolermaster, but they're both pretty pricey for what you want.

:eek: Ahhhhhh... Pre-modded cases! Thanks anyway all. I just ordered a Lian-Li PC-60U. Below is a pic of it:

prd_808.jpg

Look at all that potential :devious2:

There's a couple Nikaos that aren't as modded and still look cool. You can always add a window or a cold cathode.

Originally posted by dawizman
:eek: Ahhhhhh... Pre-modded cases! Thanks anyway all. I just ordered a Lian-Li PC-60U. Below is a pic of it:

prd_808.jpg

Look at all that potential :devious2:

Looks nice

Word of advice, dont get an all steel case, they are murder modding the case sides even on a reinforced dremel cut off window, i shattered one just cutting my little window and 120mm fan hole. Also they way so fking much, my case weighs 40+ pounds :angry2:

Back