• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

goddamn blue screen

jason

hi, i've been having a lot of problems with my computer lately. I've been getting the blue screen of death on a regular basis. especially when i an running napster. I have no idea what is causing this and it gets me really fustrated when i'm in the middle of a download or whatever, i have to reset the computer sometimes every half hour sometimes only a couple times a day. what could be the problem? any help?

Try Windows Millenium Edition... The most stable one I've used so far, with maybe the exception of NT4. :)

yes i have windows 98 Se i think, my computer is kinda old p2 350 but i don't know how or really want to change OSes. I heard there is better windows than ME something like XP has anyone seen this? i am thinking about getting a new computer but i think these things should last longer than 2 years.

Originally posted by jason
yes i have windows 98 Se i think, my computer is kinda old p2 350 but i don't know how or really want to change OSes. I heard there is better windows than ME something like XP has anyone seen this? i am thinking about getting a new computer but i think these things should last longer than 2 years.

XP is next one coming. It's in beta-testing right now, but it won't be officially released until the later part of this year.

Yeah, I get those damn BSOD's all the time. Haven't pinpointed exactly why they occur, maybe it's just cause win 98 SE sucks.

Originally posted by Canuckkev
Yeah, I get those damn BSOD's all the time. Haven't pinpointed exactly why they occur, maybe it's just cause win 98 SE sucks.

I never get BSOD's unless I visit those darn web pages that invoke a BSOD :( My only problem is that it freezes randomly due to a CD WRITER I put in :( Ah.. maybe I'll by new OS when it comes out and have the "fake" windows registry so I can still play all my windows 95 era games ;)

I know what the BSOD is like and ive come to hate it. i get it quite often too. but i dont mind any more, i just think my computer needs an excorcist.

Yes, i remember the induce a bsod sig; I have a BSOD screen saver if you like. nice thing with that is all you have to do is move your mouse and it goes away!

Win xp is gay so is mac os and billy gate$ and steve jobs and macs suck too.

your right its what microsoft does, and can afford to do.

i can see the direction this thred is going to go now

so i guess there is no cure for the blue screen blues. So when i buy new computer what OS should i get? ME? 2K? unfortunatly i'm not schooled in the ways of linx, ect so those ones are out of the question.

Funny how I haven't seen Windows 2000 mentioned on this thread yet. Windows 2000 is much more stables than any Win9x OS and is practically as stable as NT 4 (since Windows2K is actually NT 5.) Better yet, it runs games much nicer than NT4 and supports most applications!

Originally posted by Coolin
Funny how I haven't seen Windows 2000 mentioned on this thread yet.
Possibly because nobody's using Win2k here... it seems to me everybody's using ME and 98.

XP = ?
I'm not visiting Microshit's website, so don't give me a link.

I've heard Win2k is really stable, one of my friends uses it. Me, I'm using the bogus 98... :mad:

I hate it how in WinME (and 2k? :confused: ) some icons in the start menu don't show up unless you click on the arrow. Anybody know why they hide some of the shortcuts?

To try an confuse newbies (first time users of some functions) to spend half an hour trying to find them.

It's in Office 2000 as well! grrrr... ;)

Back