• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

GoDaddy VS NameCheap

DarkTemplar194

www.godaddy.com | www.namecheap.com

Which is the better? They are both about the same price. All I would want to do with one is to set the DNS for it, that's it. I don't want any sort of hosting. I heard godaddy requires hosting from them but namecheap hasn't been replying to the registrations or something... which is better??? :confused:

Originally posted by DarkTemplar194
can you choose your DNS servers in GoDaddy?:confused:

True, but namecheap as well as all the other registars allow you to chose your dns, that is just a requirement...

the only thing i see that makes me want to go with godaddy is that they are icann certified, or is that a bunch of crap?

Xoom

I use namecheap. The main difference is between support.

Namecheap support is under 24 hours sometimes 1 hour.
Godaddy takes a couple of days.

Also namecheap is much smaller so the actual owners I suppose answer questions. A namecheap guy was once here; he said there are only 3 guys at namecheap.

Doyou actually have to take one of the hosting packages of godaddy in order to get a domain.
and if you purchaseadomain @ godaddy, can you then host your site at an otherdomain host or do you have to host it @ godaddy

You don't need to purchase anything extra to get a domain with Go Daddy. You don't need to host your domains with them, they have a control panel which allows you to change nameservers of your domains to whatever you want.

Back