• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

GoDaddy CEO Elephant Hunting Debacle

jenny4pres

As many of you may have already heard, GD got some bad press recently related to his hunting trips: GoDaddy CEO: cbsnews.com/stories/2011/03/31/scitech/main20049386.shtml

I got an email from my registrar, namesilo.com, this morning advertising transfer coupon codes for people interested in leaving GD as a result. Thought maybe some of you might be interested:

Codes:
whybobwhy: $4 off any domain transfer or registration
elephantlove: 25% off any transfer order over $100

I think they are good for a week or so.

Cheers!

I personally never have been a big fan of GoDaddy. I understand if he likes to hunt and whatnot but elephants that happen to step in land that is owned by people don't deserve to be shot. Put up a electric fence or some other protection device that doesn't kill. Posting it on the web was the nail in the coffin for GoDaddy.

Yeah - I am not a big fan of GD either - I left them probably 4 years ago or so. I am just passing along the info on the coupon codes. It works out to $4.39 for a .com with private whois included so I thought it might be of interest.

I suppose that you will find many other Registrars now offering specials and sweet discounts on their domain registration services.

Back