• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Global warming School Project (you get to mark me)

If you were the Geography teacher, what mark will you give me out of 10?

• Total voters

XeonGX

Hello everybody,
In my high school, my geography teacher told us to write a response to Al Gore's documentary.
Im not good at english, my grammar is not good.
im in ESL classes. English as a Second Language.

But i managed to write this essay.
Please read it and give me a mark out of 10.
PS: Im not doing great in geography :cry2:
The reason for this is because i want to get an idea of what i'll be getting tomorrow.

Global Warming
Man made global warming is not a scientific fact, it is a theory based on wrong facts. Al Gore starred in the documentary film “An Inconvenient Truth”, stated that the earth’s climate is changing rapidly because us, humans are producing a lot of Carbon dioxide. He explains various methods to stop this, and to prevent this climate change.
The real fact is, that the earth’s climate had changed many times in the past, and it is absolutely normal for it to change in the future. Scientists can “predict” the climate in the future, but they can never be sure about it. Highest weather predictions accuracy is was close to %50, but they are never accurate.
“Polar bears are in great danger because of global warming.” Said Al Gore in his documentary film “An Inconvenient truth”. Polar bears have become the only advertisement on the posters of global warming, because it is believed that in the future climate change, the polar bears will not survive and they will be in great danger. The fact is that the earth’s temperature is constantly changing, there was a period where the temperature was so much warmer than today, and there was the Little Ice Age 1400-1800 where the temperature was really cold. Polar bears have survived all of these temperature changes that happened in the past, and they will defiantly survive any temperature changes in the future.
Al Gore also said that CO2 is causing the recent climate change, he showed the CO2 vs. Temperature change graph. He says that there is a pattern between the level of CO2 and Temperature, CO2 increases the earth’s temperature. Global warming is based on this evidence.
The fact is that CO2 is not a pollutant, and it is only %0.045 of earth’s atmosphere. Even if global warming was caused by CO2, we can’t do much about it, because not only humans produce CO2. Volcanoes produce more CO2 than all the factories on earth. The greatest amount of CO2 comes from the oceans. Humans only produce so little of the %0.045 CO2 that exists in the atmosphere. If CO2 is not causing the climate change, than what does? The answer is, the sun is causing the earth to warm. The sun has been burning more brightly than it did 1000 years ago, and this causes the earth’s temperature to get warmer.
The CO2 level raised before cars were invented. During the post war economic boom CO2 level decreased even though that cars and all kinds of electrical devices were invented and being used.
Global warming is happening, but it is not man-made. Humans did not cause global warming, and cannot prevent it happening. Man made global warming is a theory based on wrong facts, and wrong statistics, and it is wrong. The sun has changed earth’s climate in the past, and it will change it in the future. No CO2 is involved.

Please give me a mark, write a feedback or comemnts.
Examples for negative feedback/comment:
As$hole said:
yo man dis essay sucks you suck i can rite better dan dis shyt
Member said:
I think your points are weak, and I think you should improve your writing skills.

Last edited:
I noticed a few mistakes you have made and you do not show both sides of the argument, the first thing I learnt in school was to always show both sides of the argument, whether it be a History, English or even Geography essay. You show the other side and then display the facts or opinions you may have to disprove that idea. It got me through a History and Geography A-level.

I will not say anything about the content, even though I disagree with pretty much everything you stated because it's your essay and therefore your opinion.

If you're being graded on grammar as well - tried to change it for grammatical correctness while keeping what you said, sort of:

Global Warming
The theory that man made global warming is not scientifically based; it is based on incorrect information. Al Gore, in his documentary film “An Inconvenient Truth”, states that the Earth’s climate is changing rapidly due to humans producing too much carbon dioxide. He explains various methods to stop this and to prevent climate change.
The fact is that the earth’s climate has changed many times in the past, and it is absolutely normal for it to change in the future. Scientists can “predict” the climate in the future, but they can never be sure about it. Weather prediction accuracy is close to 50%, but it is never accurate.
“Polar bears are in great danger because of global warming,” said Al Gore in his documentary film “An Inconvenient Truth”. Polar bears have become one of the poster children of global warming, because it is believed that in the future climate change, polar bears will not survive and they will be in great danger. The fact is that the Earth’s temperature is constantly changing. There was a period where the temperature was much warmer than today, and there was a Little Ice Age 14000-18000 years ago when the temperature was extremely cold. Polar bears have survived all of these temperature changes that happened in the past, and they will defiantly survive any temperature changes in the future.
Al Gore also said that CO2 is causing the recent climate change, as he showed in the CO2 vs. Temperature Change graph. He says that there is a correlation between the level of CO2 and Temperature, and that more CO2 increases the earth’s temperature. Global warming is based on this evidence.
The fact is that CO2 is not a pollutant, and it is only 0.045% of the Earth’s atmosphere. Even if global warming was caused by CO2, we can’t do much about it, because not only humans produce CO2. Volcanoes produce more CO2 than all the factories on earth. The greatest amount of CO2 comes from the oceans. Humans only produce so little of the 0.045% CO2 that exists in the atmosphere. If CO2 is not causing the climate change, then what does? The answer is, the sun is causing the earth to warm. The sun has been burning more brightly than it did 1000 years ago, and this causes the Earth’s temperature to get warmer.
The CO2 level started rising before cars were invented. During the post-war economic boom, CO2 levels decreased even though cars and all kinds of electrical devices were invented and being used.
Global warming is happening, but it is not man-made. Humans did not cause global warming, and cannot prevent it happening. Man-made global warming is a theory based on the wrong facts, and the wrong statistics, and it is wrong. The sun has changed Earth’s climate in the past, and it will change it in the future. No CO2 is involved.

Considering they are writing a response to Al Gores "documentary" and not an essay, I think this was well done.

Same sort of thing. This was one of the first things I learnt in school, is it only the Brits who take things like this seriously?

We had lessons on how to write formal and informal letters correctly. It was boring but does serve a purpose.

It is very interesting, I usually am not a big reader but couldn't stop reading your essay. I think that's because I have a high interest in other people's opinions about this subject.

Well before asking us to grade it, you should outline the exact requirements of this project.

If you REALLY wanted to (attempt to) disprove global warming, you'd have to write something about 1000 times bigger than that. In all honestly, you've dealt with almost none of the evidence and that with which you have, you haven't in a thorough enough manner.

Not to mention you seem to be positioning your project as a rebuttal to "An Inconvenient Truth", which is while being a very good documentary, isn't the bulk of the global warming debate.

If you want some solid points on anti-global warming, it's a good idea to go to the best of the best.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread275776/pg1
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread105548/pg1

In one of the threads there's an excellent lecture on the subject, another has a lengthy article, from which you'll be able to get a lot more points to add to your argument.

the thing is.... where is the evidence in this essay? It's just heresay right now. Provide some factual evidence and I'll reconsider my opinions. Right now you're stating this as a FACT not an opinion.

If I will comment about the content, you are definitely wrong at "no CO2 involved." Japan's super computers ( large computer frames that occupies a very large data centre ) have calculated how much our climate will change after 100 years if the human consumption continues to emit the same amount of CO2 in the next years to come.

The results are terrible. And a very interesting fact is that, a super-typhoon like hurricane that appeared somewhere in South America that killed a lot of fishermen was never been predicted by weather forecast experts, though looking at the data presented by the super computer calculation results, the hurricane was going to emerge.

I have kept the video of this and if you want to view I can send you. It's dubbed in Japanese Language though.

Same sort of thing. This was one of the first things I learnt in school, is it only the Brits who take things like this seriously?

We had lessons on how to write formal and informal letters correctly. It was boring but does serve a purpose.
A "response" is usually ment to reflect your veiws on what was stated in the material you are responding to. A response would not require you to give both sides of a story as a report or essay would.

I am not really sure what writing formal letters has to do with this, but they did me teach that in school here.

me thinks you saw "The great global warming swindle" :p
I don't believe in man-made global warming either. Good.

Just fix your grammar.
Your points are good, but the english is weak.

i got 7/10
the teacher didn't comment on the paper, but he generally told the class that he was happy with what we wrote.

Congratulations,

I recently wrote an article on whether man is to blame for global warming and i won a trip to Iceland out of it, was certainly worth it too!!!

Back