• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Giving out your SSN

stevenlee4

Is it safe to give out your SSN to an affiliate program/advertiser?
What do they do with your SSN?
Do I Have to give it out if i am under 18 years of age but a U.S. Citizen. Could giving out my SSN to affiliate program/advertisers affect my families income?

Can someone answer all these questions or some of them?

Thank You

>>Is it safe to give out your SSN to an affiliate program/advertiser?

Yes, it is -- just make sure this is a respectable company.

>>What do they do with your SSN?

They use it for taxes.

>>Do I Have to give it out if i am under 18 years of age but a U.S. Citizen. Could giving out my SSN to affiliate program/ advertisers affect my families income?

Yes, you do. And no it won't effect your families income -- unless they pay you then it will :)

>>Can someone answer all these questions or some of them?

Sure, just did :)

I mean will my family have to pay higher rents. what companies should i give out my SSN to? Ratestar is an advertising company right?

Let's say for example i signed up for dkADS and got accepted. I am required to give out my SSN to you. In order to get paid i have to give out my SSN, so do u take the taxes out of the check or do i have to send in a tax form every year or is that taken care of by dkADS? What would you guys for example do with my SSN if i give it out when i join the network?
sorry i have to use you guys but i dont think it would be a problem because you guys have a very good reputation and have nothing to hide. :)

Thank You-

Last edited:
All we do is use it for our records and for taxes. If you earn over a certain amount of money you will have to write it onto your income tax return (your parents would)

Otherwise, nothing happens.

And yes, certain companies may be able to spot check your SSN against a database. These companies pay a heavy fee to the Social Security Service to use their database. I don't know which companies can or would do this, dkAds does not.

Originally posted by ratestar
All we do is use it for our records and for taxes. If you earn over a certain amount of money you will have to write it onto your income tax return (your parents would)

Otherwise, nothing happens.

how much of an amount?

If you're an incorporated business the amount is $0. If your a private individual or sole-proprietorship business, $400.

Well, unless you want a record of tax fraud against you. It's nice to stay on the good side of the IRS I would think.

Back