• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Getting hosted for sites that get DDOs'd

cowboybebop

Ok, well my sites get ddos'd , I need a dedicated box to host it :/

So far I've found this place :
nethostspace.com : DDOS Protection: TOP LAYER NETWORKS™ comes with the servers, but I can't find any reviews on it, does anyone know anything about it ?

Otherwise I can only find Staminus and then I'd have to find someone to configure & tweak the server and do all that and that puts me at about 250$ for the type of server I want.. need at least 2GB of ram.

Anyone give me some recomendations and has anyone used nethostspace ?

Thanks

Staminus is the best, Sorry to say but if you want great DDoS protection, You pay for it.. Email Staminus though.. Matt seems to be very fair in working out deals.
I used to use them back in the days of providing shells and they where by far the best at managing ddos!

Any other info on what DDoS you were having?

Your a bit thin on detail there, the guys are right though - you will pay for it - and if you get a DDoS it it's usually that your deserving, available or to make you less available, which one are you?

I know it sounds rough but it happens for a reason and if you expect someone else to pick up without previous - well.....

Well simply, I'm offering a service for free, while other sites want their visitor to pay for the same service. They'd rather just take me down and increase their sales.

DDOS attacks are fairly constant, well seems everyone is reccomending Staminus to me, but they are unmanaged right ? :S , I have no idea how to manage a server :\

Any other ideas ?

Doesn't sound right - are you sure it's DDoS or is it just someone messing with your site?

If your not sure you'll just be throwing money away on the wrong type of service.

Yes it's ddos'd I have 2 sites and both are getting ddos'd. Not anyone messing around with me. I don't see why I would risk spending over $170 per month on a server if it wasn't.

well you'll need more than standard protection if its constant, most dos protection just seems to be closing your server off to prevent bandwidth bills.

well seems everyone is reccomending Staminus to me, but they are unmanaged right ? , I have no idea how to manage a server :\
There are managment company out there some quite good ones and they only cost about 30/month
Any datacenter that offers managment will charge you extra for it even if it is in the included price..
But yes Staminus will only manage the DDoS part of your server no software.. except for installing directadmin.

Last edited:
I'm still concerned over what's happening to you - any chance of a link to the site/s your on about?

We can provide you a DDOS Protected solution but we only provide initial hardening and configuration. After that point, we do not fully manage the box.

On the other side....I am also curious why you think you are being DDOS'd other than the bandwidth utilization. Are you certain that the bandwidth isn't legitimate? Most 'normal' non-IRC web hosts do not usually become the victims of constant DDOS attacks, especially enough to be justification for a DDOS Specific datacenter. Small attacks and such should be handled perfectly fine by companies like ThePlanet and Softlayer.

I can assure you that if the box is still up and you are not behind a custom DDOS configuration...If you can connect to it, then this isn't what I would consider a real DDOS attack and instead more of a wannabe. :)

I would also make mention that Staminus is an excellent company and I have known Matt for close to 4 years...Their DDOS Protection is built around large scale attacks and usually those brought on by IRC providers being hit. You will pay (quite a bit) extra for a custom deep packet HTTP protection. The more affordable recommendation would be Awknet.Com - Justin is quite excellent and very affordable.

If you are interested in a custom solution and would like us to go take a look at your situation/your server then send us an email at: support@serverorigin.com c/o Kevin.

I will be happy to look at what you are seeing and give you my opinion on the direction you should take.

Last edited:
You are definitely going to pay for the extra protection. I offer these services to a few clients and it's not cheap.

Good luck.

Well simply, I'm offering a service for free, while other sites want their visitor to pay for the same service. They'd rather just take me down and increase their sales.

If you don't mind me asking, what sort of service do you offer?
PM me if you do not wish to say it in public. :)

Lol a lot of curious people ;) , well I'll just say that a lot of people in my niche get ddos'd , I've managed to find a solution, though I don't know how long i'll be able to stay like this.

Thanks for everyone who replied to this thread, your input was extremely useful.

I'm guessing warez or something quite controversial ethically, otherwise there is very little that attracts DDoS attacks. If you need a custom failover configuration - if your sites are legal - we can put you in on of our custom configurations within Awknet or Gige.

Send a message to: sales@serverorigin.com if you start looking again.

Back