• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

GET RICH FAST! <The Truth about "UNLIMITED" hosting providers>

FastCheapServer

There are a lot of new host out there getting dedicated servers and offering “UNLIMITED WEBSPACE & BANDWIDTH” the worst thing about this they over fill that computer with resellers. The way I see it they spend about 120/month on a server and make about 6 - 10 hundred dollars/month by putting about 25 - 40 resellers on that server with each reseller having “UNLIMITED WEBSPACE & BANDWIDTH”, if you do a search on eBay and look for “unlimited reseller hosting”, there are a lot of them. The one thing that surprises me is that the law does not do any thing about this; I thought that there is a law about false advertising. Think of it as buying a car you go look at a car and wonder about how many miles per gallon it gets. But you know if you see a car and the sales person tells you that the car get “UNLIMITED” miles per gallon you look at them funny for being stupid but when a web host does this lots of people believe them and think that “UNLIMITED” really exist.

they write in the fine print that if you use to much they shut you down and keep your money. simple as that :)

As I see it, they would get a server for around 100$. Sell around 50 unlimited space/bw accounts at 10$/ month. Stay around for a couple months and when the server is packed, take your money and run :D

I've seen hosting companies offer 1GB or even 2GB of disk space for under $5/month. Isn't that nothing less than offering unlimited web space? How much can you make if everyone used that much? $200 or $300 per month per server? They are overselling. So are unlimited providers.

Get rich quick kiddies. They buy a servers, spam forums for signups and at the end of the first month die a natural death so they don't have to pay the next months server bill. :confused2 And all those suckers that get sucked in, are left in the lurch and sign up for a similar deal next month :chinese2: No different than some of the free hosts that die in the bum after a couple of weeks.

If you want a host who will still be there next month, next year, many years - pay a bit extra and go with long established hosts :)

Originally posted by FastCheapServer
There are a lot of new host out there getting dedicated servers and offering “UNLIMITED WEBSPACE & BANDWIDTH” the worst thing about this they over fill that computer with resellers. The way I see it they spend about 120/month on a server and make about 6 - 10 hundred dollars/month by putting about 25 - 40 resellers on that server with each reseller having “UNLIMITED WEBSPACE & BANDWIDTH”, if you do a search on eBay and look for “unlimited reseller hosting”, there are a lot of them. The one thing that surprises me is that the law does not do any thing about this; I thought that there is a law about false advertising. Think of it as buying a car you go look at a car and wonder about how many miles per gallon it gets. But you know if you see a car and the sales person tells you that the car get “UNLIMITED” miles per gallon you look at them funny for being stupid but when a web host does this lots of people believe them and think that “UNLIMITED” really exist.

I really don't see what your point is? Are you just now discovering this? False Advertising? Sure, that is, if the company was a legal entity and registered, which they probably aren't. And why would the law waste it's time trying to tella 15 year old that unlimited doesn't exist? They more important issue like drugs and violence.

As a host, I try my best to make the typical Internet user aware of such things. Try to make them understand it's a "Buyer Beware" situation. If they want to think they can get the whole world for $20/mo., I can't stop them. Let them live and learn. But I can tell you people will shape up with their sites are down and will begin to look for quality hosting.

the people that i am hosting are the only people im going to host. im not takeing any more signups. im jest going to make commercial PHP scripts and some freeware PHP scripts.

I heard that Verio host offers unlimited bandwidth for $150

other that lot of company offering that only in paper......

No other company didn't posses the facilty in practical or

in other word any other company donot have that much quality to offer unlimited bandwidth.

This realy makes me angry. I only started my Webspace Comany a fornight ago and getting clients is very hard because of people either falling for these cheap, shudy, webspace, or because I am less than a year old. How can I be over a year old If I dont get any money in. Although I will be sticking around for ages because I host all my Design clients websites and do earn enough to keep it running but it just makes me realy angry that these fly by resellers just come and go. lol. :p

Regards
James

http://www.WebspaceUK.com

No offense to you, WebSpaceUK, Im sure you have reason for your decisions, we all do, but you have some of the most expensive web hosting Ive ever seen.

You must have truly great support!

Originally posted by striker
No offense to you, WebSpaceUK, Im sure you have reason for your decisions, we all do, but you have some of the most expensive web hosting Ive ever seen.

You must have truly great support!

Yes, Although I know its not the cheapest in the world but how can you survive in business if you are not getting in as much as your paying out, Cheap hosts simply get loads of people, and when all goes wrong they do a runner or give a very slow server.

We provide great support ! :)

No offense taken btw :p

Very True, Very True.

However, you must take into consideration that most (most being the keyword) people would like to get more features when they pay the same price. E.G. If Future shop sold a PC for 900$ and Best Buy sold it for 700$, which would YOU buy? Surely, you know both names are trusted and they will not close their doors tomorrow, right? Ofcourse, this is just an analogy, and since you provide great support, Im sure many people would be prepared to pay extra for that.

Originally posted by JodoHost
I've seen hosting companies offer 1GB or even 2GB of disk space for under $5/month. Isn't that nothing less than offering unlimited web space? How much can you make if everyone used that much? $200 or $300 per month per server? They are overselling. So are unlimited providers.

2 GB for $5/month? Overselling?

Mind if I ask what you think of paid host I patronize?

20 GB for $4/month.

Smallest of 4 plans.

They haven't bolted yet and 4 months have gone by.

I was refered to them from an older client of theirs, so I pretty sure they are staying up. :cool2:

Originally posted by UGuardian
2 GB for $5/month? Overselling?

Mind if I ask what you think of paid host I patronize?

20 GB for $4/month.

Smallest of 4 plans.

They haven't bolted yet and 4 months have gone by.

I was refered to them from an older client of theirs, so I pretty sure they are staying up. :cool2:
Try filling up that 20GB and see what they do, they will probably suspend your account for using up to many resources.

UGuardian,
What you have to understand is that the host is betting that almost none of their clients will come near their hosting plans capacity.
If many do,,, well, simply put, a hard drive is only so big,, and only so many can be put in a server. Thus profit can only be made if you can put a lot of clients on them.

Hosts that offer 20 gig plans,,, if they were not over selling, then they could only put about 4 people on a hard drive. If they can only get 3 hard drives, that is 12 people... at $4 a month??

That server is going to cost him $100 per month minimum, and if 3 hard drives are involved, it is going to cost him $200 a month or much more. Where is a profit in that????

I wish you well, but I think all the other hosts here are saying, is that when people have a cheap plan like that, then they shouldn't sit around and complain when the host goes out of business becasue they couldn't afford any help once they grow.

Tim L

Back