• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

George Bush's Speech

foo2thabar

NLC
It ended about 3 minutes ago. To sum it up, he's giving Saddam Hussein and his sons 48 hours to leave Iraq before he attacks.

:eek:

[add]
Also, the "Terror Alert" level is now Orange/High

I think he meant that the U.S. and it's allies are going to attack. I think even keith knows that not all U.S. citizens are exactly crazy about going to war.

Now that's it, he's really gonna do it... :rolleyes:

I personally think all of this is stupid (well, a lot of peoples here in Canada thinks the same way, many in US too). Come on :mad:...

First, it doesn't have anything to do with 9/11. It seems that the only reason Bush has is to complete what it's father failed to achieve and to monopolyse petrol.

While he do that, he neglects US internal problems, with are piling up. He also neglects the corean trouble. To put a top of that, he scare the US citizens( witch many of them currently acts as mere blind sheeps) with it's orange alerts so they don't disagree.

To conclude, Bush is a lier and many US citizen see with the eyes closed. If there were chemical attacs, which I doubt, duct tape and plastic sheets won't do a thing anyway :p

today is a very bad day

on the day the bombs drop people around the world are going to be walking out and protesting.

check your local independent press.

these speeches are making me sick - f&*k bush, blair and howard and howards spineless backbench.

protestors in the uk are breaking into military bases and disabling air craft and b52 support vehicles...... GG

uk.indymedia.org

How is North Korea a threat to U.S.A? They said they would launch at Japan, not U.S.A. =P U.S.A are already picking on North Korea. A slow military build up around North Korea, so I think U.S.A are trying tp provoke them to use their nuclear weapons.

Originally posted by Ricky
If there were chemical attacs, which I doubt...

oh ok, if you DOUBT IT, then it should be all ok!!!

i'm not picking on you Ben...rather, i'd like to hear an ALTERNATIVE resolution from anti-war people...and i'd like to hear some proof other than some guy sitting in his house saying "oh, i doubt it" (which is exactly what my mum does)

yes, we all have our opinions....but can someone give me give me something coherent and educated, leaving out conspiracy theories and paranoia

probably not...we are only the people who live in these countries and vote for these people...i really believe we don't get told what goes on behind the scenes and the reasons for doing what the politicians are inevitably going to do...we are all pawns at the mercy of megalomaniacs

**brain telling me time to shut up now **:p

I would first either re-tool how the UN and it's policies work, or disband it altogether and start a new diplomatic faction. There wouldn't be as much of a problem as there is now if the UN wasn't such a joke. the new UN, or the new faction altogether would be much more credible, and have more sway in dealing in these international affairs.

secondly, impeachment. Bush is a sadistic madman who is willing to sacrifice the lives of millions of his own people and the people of other countries. Why? Iraq has weapons of mass destruction? They might have, let's say, 200 nuclear weapons (no one knows for sure, those kick --- UN officials still have yet to find anything concrete), but that's no more than a country like Israel. The U.S. alone has about 20, 000, and all other world powers tend to not disclose the amount of nuclear weapons they are carrying. The CIA even contradicted Bush by saying Iraq would likely not attack unless provoked. Bush has 20,000 toys and a specific target to play with. This cannot be allowed. Overthrowing Hussein would be neccessary too, although finding a new leader who isn't corrupt is admittedly a hard thing to do. But Hussein, "the tyrant" is no more dangerous than several other world leaders out there, the ones who were never engaged in wars with George Bush sr.

Basically, if we could remove these two, and put in leaders who would focus on the real problems, their own internal problems on the homefront, then I'd say mission accomplished. These are not impossible steps to take.

Originally posted by harrypower
protestors in the uk are breaking into military bases and disabling air craft and b52 support vehicles...... GG

Well, I think that's stupid, for a start. "Anti-war protestors" they call themselves, and what do they go out doing? Destructing things. Beating people up. It's so stupid.

As for America's weapon count, they will soon have NINE times the amount of weapons than the following nine leading countries in that department put together. NINE! That is absolutely ridiculous, dangerous and downright frightening.

It is so easy for bumbling fools like Bush to declare war. They'll be sitting safely, while it's people my age, young people, who are out there risking their arses for some stupid war which is not necessary. Why now? And if Iraq poses such a threat, why were the weapons sold to Hussein in the first place? This weak excuse about "weapons getting into the hands of terrorists" is such a load of crap. Taking these weapons from Iraq won't stop that. Does Bush honestly think that terrorists groups don't have the capacity to make weapons of mass-destruction and biological weapons themselves?

- Why isn't the U.N. backing this war? Because it is not a war being fought for the right reasons.

- If there is this mysterious damning evidence against Iraq, why not show the world? Prove your case? Could it perhaps be because there is no daming evidence? That is such a weak justification to hide behind. You've got it, show it. Don't just claim it.

I am tired of the likes of Bush, who thinks he can march around with such undeniable arrogance and think he can control the world. North Korea would seem more of a threat than Iraq right now, but no, let's have this war with Iraq anyway.

As for John Howard - bumbling fool #2. It greatly concerns me our country is in the hands of such a little lapdog, as somebody quoted earlier, because that is exactly what he is. A weak, pathetic lapdog. We will not stand for him in the next election.

to back that up, there are NO connections between terrorist activity and the whole 911 thing to Iraq. None. So there's another excuse to go to war out the window.

Originally posted by anhedonia
Well, I think that's stupid, for a start. "Anti-war protestors" they call themselves, and what do they go out doing? Destructing things. Beating people up. It's so stupid.
agreed

As for America's weapon count, they will soon have NINE times the amount of weapons than the following nine leading countries in that department put together. NINE! That is absolutely ridiculous, dangerous and downright frightening.
agreed

It is so easy for bumbling fools like Bush to declare war. They'll be sitting safely, while it's people my age, young people, who are out there risking their arses for some stupid war which is not necessary.
War is not a personal thing, would you feel better if 40 y/o veterans fought? Age has nothing to do with it.

It had to happen some time, war is innevitable (sp?)

And if Iraq poses such a threat, why were the weapons sold to Hussein in the first place?
Fears are he is developing them himself

This weak excuse about "weapons getting into the hands of terrorists" is such a load of crap. Taking these weapons from Iraq won't stop that.
Think about it, if they have no weapons what can they use against the western world?

Why isn't the U.N. backing this war? Because it is not a war being fought for the right reasons.
No, because france is using its power of vito

If there is this mysterious damning evidence against Iraq, why not show the world? Prove your case? Could it perhaps be because there is no daming evidence? That is such a weak justification to hide behind. You've got it, show it. Don't just claim it.
I am sure they have some sort of evidence, however slight it may be you just don't attack a country for no reason.

I am tired of the likes of Bush, who thinks he can march around with such undeniable arrogance and think he can control the world.
I agree, he should get his nose out of other peoples business, however someone had to step up in this situation.

North Korea would seem more of a threat than Iraq right now, but no, let's have this war with Iraq anyway.
I feel iraq is much less stable, however the USA can only take on one enemy at a time, and the terrorists at 9/11 were not korean, this has shown us that the middle east is much more agressive and therefore needs to ba taken care of first.

As for John Howard - bumbling fool #2. It greatly concerns me our country is in the hands of such a little lapdog, as somebody quoted earlier, because that is exactly what he is. A weak, pathetic lapdog.
John howard is actually a very good leader, he is just helping relations for the future, we can't exactly turn on the USA.

We will not stand for him in the next election.
No, you will not vote for him. Anyway, You have something wrong with you if you vote for simon creen.

Originally posted by Blank Verse
to back that up, there are NO connections between terrorist activity and the whole 911 thing to Iraq. None. So there's another excuse to go to war out the window.
yes there is, its a huge connection, Suddam and Bin Laden have a common interest, hatred of the USA so it is highly probably that Suddam has been harbouring terrorists.

On the subject of the response to what the French are doing:

There have been dealings all over the U.S. of renaming french fries "Freedom Fries" and french toast "Freedom Toast." There was also a restaurant here that poured all their french wine/champagne into the Chattahoochee river. These people are taking it to extremes.

I don't have an opinion on this matter (War with Iraq, not people doing stupid stuff to foods referencing France) though.

I for one am for the war, only if they do what they claim they will.. which may i add is very unlikely :rolleyes:

i never did like the french either... silly fwench ppl, with their fwench fwies and fwench wine and fwench cheese and other miscellaneous fwench things.. and they're the baddies in Ice Station, a really good book by Matthew Reilly [Ad*]

:angry2: :devious2:

* = not really

is Matthew a fwench name?

this post isn't directed at the french.. just the stereotype they've been given by all the places i have learned.. even the fwench teacher.. and cartoons :classic2:

Back