• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Geocities-yahoo

zz4

One of the oldest free hosts around...Geocities...

Nice...maybe until Yahoo bought them.....

Yahoo has many various free services. Email,Unlimited Photo,Bookmarks,Groups etc. etc.

I presume many when they boot up have a 'start page' ? Go to Yahoo ?

I got in that habit for maybe the last 10 years. Go to Yahoo.....check Email...(their spam sorting into bulk mail is good now) 1gb email. Use their Bookmark service. Use Geocities even though still only 15mb.

By theory you can sign up for as many user names as you want. (I am sure many do..some free places don't care)

A few days ago I went to my Email. grrr...can not log in....

Beware to all. You never will if you don't remember your birth date..zip code...alternate email..secret question.....

(some years back these were never asked so they might not be in your account)

I soon found out EVERYTHING I had at Yahoo was simply GONE. The user name was GONE. Geocities was GONE. 10 years of my personal records/bookmarks/email/photo's,etc.etc. If your enrolled in anything financial like 'Bill-Pay' that was gone.

OK---This sounds quite normal for free hosting or even paid---right? Back up your stuff !!!!!

--- but normally if some host vanishes or what you have on it does it involve as much as you might have on Yahoo? no

My question::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Was anybody ever able to contact a human being at Yahoo ????

Only a robot that issues robot replies with no possibility to go furthur ?

It's so frustrating one feels like flying to Sunnyvale,California and doing something dreadful.

This topic can't be that off because it does involve a free host--- GEOCITIES

Ps..

PS...I would not be so irritated if I was in violation of ANYTHING.

Possibly they have resorted to this software stuff that deletes people for no reason whatsoever and no reason ever known ???

The NO POSSIBILITY OF ANY HUMAN BEING. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I wrote Hotmail of recent and got a reply from a human.

Back