• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Genius-Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but I have read this thread with interest and disbelief.
What alwaysweb is doing is just plain lying, he is telling all his customers that they have 60 gb of traffic and they don't, plain and simple, he has said that if all his customers were to use their alotted amounts then they would purchase more servers and therefore in my calculations they would lose money, again this is just not true as a company does not plan to lose money and this plan stinks of that.

Through viewing threads on other forums and collecting data on many hosts (as I am thinking of setting up a web site) I have come across many threads flaming Unlimited hosting companies for false advertising, in my book this is close to the same, just because you put a cap on bandwith doesn't mean that you don't have to supply it and don't give me this balancing act BS that these two unfortunates seem to have excepted, if you are true to your advertised bandwith you would have this bandwith already alotted and waiting to be used by even your smaller accounts and of course you would have to charge more for it, (oh but I will lose clients if I charge more) you would be surprise by two things if you did this;
1.) you would get a better reputation for being honest to your customers.
2.) Yes you might lose some of the clients you have as they went with you solely on price, but you would gain more customers due to the fact that you would be more profitable and more likely to be seen as a solid company that will be around for a long time.

Again I appologise for going off on my little tangent, but it never ceases to amaze me how people think that by explaining how they are dishonest to their clients it makes it ok

Last edited:
Well, thanks for your feedback, Bouncer. It is appreciated, while taken with a grain of salt of course. :D

My reply is this:

We have had nothing but good comments on our offerings, particularly the 60 GB limit. Although you did NOT contact me personally bouncer to ask me more details about how we balance clients, I understand your cynicism. I have attempted to explain how we balance our client base across our servers (with a few dozen of our clients using their full 60 GB), and we are prepared to let as many of our clients use the full 60 GB as they want.

Personally, I have not seen a single WebHost who does not oversell their total bandwidth per server. (can you find one who advertises this??)

I think we at AlwaysWebHosting should be commended for our committment to the bandwidth promise, and our willingness to accomodate as many 60 GB/month sites as we can find, we'll continue to bring servers online, as I mentioned previously.

Of course, we have 400+ satisfied clients who have no problems with our plans and offerings, and in fact love our service, servers, support, and all. :)

I guess i"ll leave it at that. Cheers!

Originally posted by Archbob
Guys the $1 per gig, I was talking about space, not bandwidth.

Archbob, sorry if you misunderstood. I meant $1 per Gig of bandwidth, not space. That is what Genius-Hosting offers. And btw, Genius-hosting advertises the fact that they do not oversell their bandwidth. :confused2

Originally posted by sannie
Genius-hosting advertises the fact that they do not oversell their bandwidth. :confused2
Well they are with RackShack, so they actually aren't overselling it. They're only paying ~25&cent per GB.

Originally posted by alwaysweb
Well, thanks for your feedback, Bouncer. It is appreciated, while taken with a grain of salt of course. :D

My reply is this:

We have had nothing but good comments on our offerings, particularly the 60 GB limit. Although you did NOT contact me personally bouncer to ask me more details about how we balance clients, I understand your cynicism.

I hope you have a lot of salt.

Now come on get real here, the above is like puting a blue shirt on a blind man and telling him it's red and then he tells you he loves his new red shirt and you go and tell everyone that you have had nothing but good comments on your new red shirts. and no you don't understand my critisism at all because unfortunately you believe your own BS, and due to this fact it would be pointless to continue this any further.

Last edited:
Hi Murat, Chicken has suggested I answer your questions off the forum -- please contact me at ronnie@... so I can answer your questions. :D

Ronnie T. Moore
AIM, ICQ, MSN , Yahoo: RonnieAWH
http://www.AlwaysWebHosting.com -- Affordable, feature-packed Linux hosting, you'll love us!

Report this post to a moderator | IP:

I guess a quick reply here is in line -- With reselling you have the ability to resell. Our reseller plans, likewise, are as cheap or cheaper than most every other reseller host I've found... :)

Ronnie T. Moore
AIM, ICQ, MSN , Yahoo: RonnieAWH
http://www.AlwaysWebHosting.com -- Affordable, feature-packed Linux hosting, you'll love us!

Originally posted by bouncer

I hope you have a lot of salt.

Now come on get real here, the above is like puting a blue shirt on a blind man and telling him it's red and then he tells you he loves his new red shirt and you go and tell everyone that you have had nothing but good comments on your new red shirts. and no you don't understand my critisism at all because unfortunately you believe your own BS, and due to this fact it would be pointless to continue this any further.

Strange comparison but I still don't understand your criticism. They only say you MAY use 60gb ... you and I both know that most of the websites won't generate that amount of transfer. In your opinion, the host should buy 400 x 60gb up front allthough they already know they won't have to use it all. That would be a waste of money. Would be safe but not very commercial.

Neftha

I'm closing this thread as alwaysweb spammed this thread to get attention. Spam should not be encouraged, so I don't think they deserve to get this attention. They haven't even replied to my PM warning.

If you wish to continue any of the discussions of this thread you can do it in a new thread. This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back