• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

gcsnet.net down?

jonny

I noticed that today my site is slow and very sloppy. So I just tried to go to their site and it's down. I hope this is a one off thing as things are going really well. They've even cut back on the ads, it's now only one popup a week.

Jonny
mtboz.com

Yeh what a pain!

It's been slow since this morning. I used to get:

Waiting For Reply....

Then nothing

Now Nothing at all

This morning when I woke up, it was down. Then after about an hour it came back up, fast as ever. In the afternoon, I was making some important updates to my site, and I uploaded a lot of pages with bugs in it... so guess what happens? I fixed the bugs and can't connect anymore, and it's been like that ever since! *sigh*

BTW, is0lized, why would you need to get a file on their servers? Aren't you like a mini-host yourself? :confused:

I emailed tera-byte about this problem and got this response:

"That server is no longer in service at owners request."

Lynks

Originally posted by LeX
Aren't you like a mini-host yourself? :confused:

yes but _i_ am in the middle of a server change so i have no place to put my new layout, so i used my gcsnet acct formy new layout, when i by mistake copied over my logo i had made in PS i wnet to get it from gcsnet and they were down

Originally posted by Lynks
"That server is no longer in service at owners request."

jeeze, that was fast =\

my friend skizzo is hosted with them and he was going to back up his files today and move in with me (web site wise)

Damm, guess it's back to Portland for me :(, unless there is a revival but with the response from tera-byte things do not look good :(.

Lynks

Hmm..just when I thought my sites were in a good home, and the first of the search engine visitors were arriving, gcsnet.net goes down...hope netcabins hurries up!

I do feel sorry for some of those who lost there homes.

I could maybe accomodate a few sites for free if you mail me @ djsy99@netscape.net but im not promising anything.

Oh Feck, Oh Feck, Oh Feck.

Please, this can't be happening. I can't go back to F2S, I've had it too good. I had just finnished setting up newspublisher, ikon board, every auction and newspro. Now I have to do it all again. Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the old saying "You get what you pay for" applies here. Everything on the internet that was free, not just hosting and advertisments, is becoming payed services now. In 2 years from now I doubt you'll find anything for free on the net. There's just no possible way to make money off of free. I found that out and so did GCSNet.

I thought these guys had a "plan"? At least i went into there hosting with a backup plan :)

Originally posted by syanet
Everything on the internet that was free, not just hosting and advertisments, is becoming payed services now. In 2 years from now I doubt you'll find anything for free on the net.

You think that Nbci will become a paid service, too!? Well, I tell you one thing: I'm NEVER going to pay to get my current website hosted (the one in my sig). Should it ever have to be that way, then my site will just have to cease to exist. I'd rather not make my own personal (non - money making nor intended to make myself money) websites than actually pay to get those hosted, because then it's no longer fun.

[Edited by Cracker on 03-30-2001 at 09:59 PM]

That sucks

If we lose free hosts for good the internet wont be the same again. There is so many information sites on free servers without them the net will just be one big f&ckin ad. And Freewebspace.net will be gone, unless they start a paid "information" service. :-( Again can awayone host me? I'll be you best friend.

Back