• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

gaming site

Cheap Bastard

well i'd hate to be one of those ''i need'' guys, but i can't seem to get around it...

i'd like a CPM ad-agency that still accepts sites, that supplies either 234*60 or 468*60 banners (or 68in height whatever), and doesn't rotate pop-ups. On top of that, i've got about 100hits/day and i'm growing fairly slowly...
The reason i want CPM is: if you have a high click-thru (common for all low-traffic sites), you'd best go with CPM, and if you have a low click-thru, you'd best go with CPC. That's the way advertisers want it, so that's the way you should want to want it...

Also, i'd like a popunder, also for the same site in question (the site is in my sig, the ''yet another gaming site''). I was going to go with AdScholar, but their program seems closed ''for now'' (indefinately).

Cheap Bastard, have you tried applying for UGO's Alliance program? They are certainly going through a rough patch at present, but they (along with Cybereps and Adtegrity) are still the most dedicated representatives of gaming properties.

You might also have some luck with BlueFishNetwork.

As for Popunders, you should look into GoClick. The offer $2.5CPM on targeted popunders (you can specify the target keyword). Their popunders default to appearing once/3 days for each unique viewer, but you can change this to once/day. Stats are updated every 6 hours, and they do pay. You could also try the ever-reliable PopupTraffic. Their popunders pay a solid $2CPM.

Originally posted by Czar
Cheap Bastard, have you tried applying for UGO's Alliance program? They are certainly going through a rough patch at present, but they (along with Cybereps and Adtegrity) are still the most dedicated representatives of gaming properties.

i tried applying with a different site months ago, but could not find a link to join...

You might also have some luck with BlueFishNetwork.

Great. I'll apply...

As for Popunders, you should look into GoClick. The offer $2.5CPM on targeted popunders (you can specify the target keyword). Their popunders default to appearing once/3 days for each unique viewer, but you can change this to once/day. Stats are updated every 6 hours, and they do pay. You could also try the ever-reliable PopupTraffic. Their popunders pay a solid $2CPM.

Thanks, i'll try GoClick.

Thanks a lot Czar :)

Originally posted by Cheap Bastard
On top of that, i've got about 100hits/day and i'm growing fairly slowly...

guess you missed that :\

i'll keep it in mind for later use though :) Thx again.

Also, if net-ads stated minimum traffic requirements, that would be really useful.

It does, to some extent. I've always had seperate sections for CPM companies based on the minimum level of traffic that each demands.

It would probably be a great idea to specify this for each service individually, though, so thanks for the suggestion. ;)

Another great idea.

Anyway, I'm thinking of shifting the reviews over to a database-driven system in the near future that will have fields open for a variety of standard pieces of information. Until then, I'll do my best to stay on top of things and to provide as much info as possible. :)

Hey, and while you're giving this cash away do I get some money for being a loyal visitor? I would have made you about um...

500 impressions back in the good 'ol days of advertising, that's about $2.50. You keep some money and I'll take 50c! :)

Hows that? :)

$5000 in damages? I though they only owed you $30 or so. :)

You may be onto something here, though. From now on, we should demand money from every site that we visit, just because we're helping them to generate advertising revenues. ;)

Why hasn't that happened yet? Oh, that's right, because then nobody would bother going to the effort of creating good content.

lol, fine be nasty... I'm sure someone will think it's a brilliant Idea.

*talks to All Advantage*

Oh Okay, maybe it dosen't work although I still want my damage payment! maybe um... the cost of a G4? ;)

y'know i'd love to see some green too...

it's hard enough to cover expenses these days. Especially if you're a new site...

puzzled

Quote:
The reason i want CPM is: if you have a high click-thru (common for all low-traffic sites), you'd best go with CPM, and if you have a low click-thru, you'd best go with CPC. That's the way advertisers want it, so that's the way you should want to want it...

:confused:Why? I mean you get more if you do CPC right?

He's being ironic in response to the strict demands put forth by ad networks lately. Several sites have been dumped from CPM-based networks such as AmazingMedia, Affiliate Target, Luna Network and others due to below-average CTRs. On the other hand, it's just as easy to be dumped from a CPC agency if you generate above-average response rates, even if all of the traffic is legitimate.

Of course, those agencies that have grown within their means, and who have managed their representation and advertising sales well continue to treat their publishers with respect - but these are no longer in the majority.

Publishers are now looking for security over offers of high payment, as evidenced by the slow adoption of programs such as WayAds (closed within weeks of opening) and Affiliate Target's $6CPM popup program (has been dumping members for poor responses just days after launching).

Back