• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

:: GameWire ::

Very cool website, Stray. I really enjoy the colors, and the wide array of content you will be offering. I think another pretty cool thing would be to have your navigation bar change color to a slightly light blue, and changing the text to black.

Flawless. 1 thumb up. :D

I like where this is going. Props to you for diving into a VERY competitive market (games, reviews, codes, etc). You have your work cut out for you.

As far as the site, seems to be a positive reason to visit your site for game info. Very crisp and clean. Colors are fine. Image work is great.

-->The bottom of your main content table/div doesn't quite reach the bottom. Just a little extension will complete the look. Also, maybe change the color of your footer image from white to orange to balance the image from the top.
-->I noticed to used an "in page" style sheet. I recommend coding a single style sheet and referencing that in your header. It makes for much easier editing. You mostly use tables, which is fine. Read into CSS layouts though, see if you can optimize at all. (This isnt so much criticizing you, I recently optimized my size using mostly CSS instead of tables and my page loads 5X faster, just thought id share the experience)
-->Fill up your content before launch, you have a lot of empy links and identical pages.

Best of luck to you, i suggest you get your work/name out there. Possibly on other sites. Guides on GameFAQS.com reviews at other sites etc. Link to your site for "full color guides with added info" and what not. Blah. Im rambling. Best of luck to ya.

Looks great except using IE6.0 and 1024x768 I get about 1/4th of the page, all on the right hand side, is just empty. Maybe center it or just stretch the content area out a bit.. i dunno. But other then that it looks great, can't think of much else wrong with it.

Looks sweat man! It looks very good and I wish you the best of luck on it in the future! May I add some suggestions that will help you run the site?

I do not represent any of these sites/products I am just suggesting them...

Content - Since your starting out and such, you probably don't have PR contacts with companies so you might want to try a site called Vgamin.com. Apply there and you can get TONS of news from them and also they have tons of screenshots for tons of games etc. And its all FREE!

Get a CMS! This seems like a very nice project, but I would suggest using a CMS (Content Management System). If you don't know about them basically they help you manage your content, you dont need to make html pages everytime you update you just add the article in with a form. Some great video game cms (can be used for other things also) are NCaster (I dont know if there new version is up on the site, might have to search there forum) and also Vortex Portal is great, and these both are free...

(Just thought I'd come in here offering some opinions)

ok, I updated the main site a bit. Added more content. New Forums.

Thanks for all the reivews. It helps alot. Keep em' comin'

I really like what you have done and very unique idea in a way with the news/media/review/preview idea. ANyway at the bottom of the content area you have that greyish graphics. I think it would be a good idea to put your "2003 Copyright by :: GameWire :: and Exphate@hotmail.com" on it

gosh I realy thought I replied to this :rolleyes: oh well I like the whole site and I really like the forum skin. Great job :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

Thanks, im just having a horrible time trying to get members to join the message board. I've been trying to advertise it, but no one seems to like it. lol.

just remember
Rome wasnt built in a day...or was it?
anyway just give it sometime and the forums will fill out. You are going to have to fix some broken links on the site though and you may need to get more content before you see the place flooded.

Anyway just visited your forums and it looks nice, I am signing up as we speak...anyway you could get rid of some forums though so when visitors come they dont see a bunch of empty forums. when u get more members you start adding more on etc.

Yeah, im working on a few reivews for the site and im doing the cheat section which takes a long time, I also have a friend writing some articals for me.

As for the forums, thanks for signing up. I'd rather keep the forums, if people come to it and only see like 3 forums they probably wont sign up. I dunno, I might try that.

Back