• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Game server...

dsfreak

Well, before you RANT ON. Please, let me explain. I am ASKING about this. Anyhow, there is this game that I play, and I decided I want to put a server up for it, but I really don't want to spend the money to get one. Anyhow, I thought, maybe someone would be willing to sponsor me a server, like, ads, etc.

Now, I do NOT mean an entire server, I just mean enough room for the game and enough bandwidth to play it. I was wondering, in what way would you be willing to do this, for free?

Any QUESTIONS, please ask.

No comments please.

Starsiege: TRIBES. Also commonly known as Tribes 1.

Im not sure at this point how much bandwidth it uses, but if you wish, we can test that.

which game?
what sort of ad placement are you speaking of?
are you competing in any tournaments?
would you be "actively promoting" your sponsored company?

Avail, the game is Stareige: TRIBES (Tribes 1). The ad placement I am speaking of is as follows: I can say every few minutes that the server is sponsored, as well as the fact that when loading the game, I can put: This server sponsored by: (company name). Tournaments are unceartain at this time, and yes I would be actively promoting my sponsored company.

Well never heard of game before so does it have linux server binaries ? or is it windows only? And what ram cpu and space it uses?

Well, it runs Windows only. There are rumors that it works on Linux with Wine, but those are unconfirmed. As I said, I am not sure of what resources it uses, but I can check CPU usage for you... Hold on.

Right now, with just one user on, it is using: 00% CPU, and 2,460 K of the memory.

Also, you might want to know it is a kind of old game, so it *probably* is less server-resource-eating-intense.

dsfreak said:
Well, it runs Windows only. There are rumors that it works on Linux with Wine, but those are unconfirmed. As I said, I am not sure of what resources it uses, but I can check CPU usage for you... Hold on.

Right now, with just one user on, it is using: 00% CPU, and 2,460 K of the memory.

Also, you might want to know it is a kind of old game, so it *probably* is less server-resource-eating-intense.
Does the game have any files in its directory that is called libcxa.so.1? if yes you can run its dedicated on linux as well. Most windows games have this considering its the most efficient way of doing it.

No, this is obvious that it wouldn't have this since half of the games files happen to be .cs, which Linux wouldn't run.

extremepcgamer said:
www.extremepcgamerz.com

You will find our service to be top notch. Visit our site and see for your self. If you need any help just post in our forums.

All acounts come with Full cpanel. Ftp access, email accounts ect.

Visit us and see for yourself.

Thank you

Lol... He's asking for a free game server... Not hosting...

Mods, you can close this topic.

Thanks very much to Avail Networks, LLC. Even through the hard times of setting it up, they stayed with me.

Thanks!

Back