• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Game Hosting

Yellowmc

I love you!
NLC
Hi.

My freind asked me to host his game on my server, well at this point in time it is not possible for me to host him as I do not yet give out shell access which he requires for his game.

Anyway the game he will host is made on the BYOND (http://byond.com) platform and it doesnt require high spec servers.

He is currently hosted at Galaxis Web (http://galaxisweb.com) and he is currently on their advanced plan.

If any host can offer a better package he will go with you, otherwise he will just have to stick with galaxis web.

The price range he is looking at is about £15 GBP.

Please make any offers here, also note that he will pay by Visa Credit Card so please have an option available for that and he prefers not to pay via paypal.

Thanks in advance.

Most game will take up a lot of the server's resources. Game servers are somewhere in the ballpark of 200+USD. I do not think £15 GBP will cut it in my opinion.

Regards,

vphost said:
Most game will take up a lot of the server's resources. Game servers are somewhere in the ballpark of 200+USD. I do not think £15 GBP will cut it in my opinion.

Regards,

He doesnt require a whole server, currently he is with galaxisweb and he is on a shared account. The game doesnt take up alot of resources, and he pays $20/month at the moment. I was just wondering If he can get any better. Should he just stick with them?

My apologies, but assuming that he has permission to run server on the "Shared" hosting account. Most Shared, if not all, hosting companies will not allow a user to run background processes on their servers. He would be better off buying a dedicated box and/or getting a deal from a Game Hoster instead, my apologies, but I do not know the price range of that.

Regards,

Last edited:
Doesnt matter, thanks anyway for your help.

He is allowed to run background processes from his shared account and he will probably stay with them now.

Thanks.

Back