• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Fwsh.com review

Ryan_man

Hey, Another review.

I have registered with http://www.fwsh.com free hosting services now. They have Windows Server 2003 running, and it seems to be very organized so far.

Here's what they offer:

Domain Hosting
Unlimited Space*
Unlimited Bandwidth*
CGI
PHP
Access Logs*
No Ads

Obviously it's not really unlimited, but at least it give's people a chance to have 4 GB bandwidth one month and 6GB the next month. So they are very flexible. The no ads part is kind of a lie. They DO require you to put a small "Hosted by Fwsh.com" ad on your main page. But I beileve it's only on your main page, and it's quite small.

I have my http://www.babyspage.com hosted there right now, and it seems to vary in speed. When in uploading most of the time im getting 50kb/sec on my cable. But sometimes I get around 6KB, so the uploading time varies.

Their email support seems to be reasonable. I have emailed them twice, and they have not responded, but they did fix some of the problems I was having without notification. Their CGI seems to have some flaws here and there. And their FAQs need to be updated and they must add some things in there. Like their path to perl. Or their proper CGI-BIN path. But the CGI seems to work OK, and their PHP works without a hitch.

All in all, fwsh.com is a very good free host. Good Speed, good specs, and all around good support. Their activation is very quick and obviously the AD they require you to put on the main page of your site is little to ask.

I think they might be around for a while, and they are probably paying for the servers with their very good pay hosting and anual Add-ons. I think the only other thing you could possibly ask from this host is maybe a community forum for support and FAQs.

2 Thumbs up....

you get the paid host or free host?

in my opinion
there is no unlimited space in the world
if your space are unlimited how about the other users:bandit2:

i get this while am visiting ur stie " The network path was not found.

well, for unlimited thing, am not so sure but i can tell u what in my mind , they giving out 1 server maybe 20gb space and host all free user together and use as much as space u can . haha, just my crap .. if am mistaken, correct me pls

so all of you are unlimited and all of you are limited
all of you will get the same thing
host down unless his has the largest servers:devious2:

Well, i got a Domain on their servers, in a while... When i get my Dedicated i will pass the domain ...

I only have used 450 Kb, so i dont know if is Really Unlimited.:D

Obviously no host can be unlimited... since unlimited hds... (you get what I mean)... It seems that you need your domain to be approved before you can host

Well they don't have PHP/MySQL or any advanced features for free, so the server load isn't going to be too high.

Ok it's going to be hard to reply to these because they are basically the same idea but all said differently but...

Unlimted Space and Unlimited Bandwidth, Yes I KNOW, WE ALL KNOW it's not really unlimited. But the fact is, it's nice to know that you don't really have a set limit as long as it's reasonable.

Like I said before, say one month you get 3 GB, and the next you get like 7 GB, well at least if it's 3GB next month you don't have to pay for that extra bandwidth you used.

With the space thing, well if you really need more than 50MB of space than you are probably abusing the service. If you're doing a Video site, than chances are all of the content you have is copywritten material anyways, if you're making an mp3 site (why would you, its all on kazaa baby) then you should be paying for it. I think it's just so there's no real set limits so the user can feel more free to develope without having to worry about space or bandwidth usage.

It's not fair to rag down a host because they say it's unlimited. We know it's not really unlimited (unless you're naive or stupid) they know it's not really unlimited, and their servers know it's not unlimited. So what's the problem? It's like at a restaurant, when they claim to have "bottomless glasses" when you order some Coke for like $1.25. You know that you can't sit there and drink 50 glasses of coke without buying anything else. You know it's not bottomless, they know it's not bottomless. It's just there incase you don't want to have a set limit on how much you can drink. You can have either 2 or 3 or 5 glasses of coke, it's up to you! But you should know better not to take advantage of it!

One more thing, there IS PHP on fwsh.com, it comes in their free package. Really if you want mySQL you only have to pay like $140 a year for a whole bunch of mySQL databases, but isn't there other sub-hosts where you can get free mySQL hosting and still use your current host?

Well anywho, thats all I have to say :)

Last edited:
Originally posted by Ryan_man

Unlimted Space and Unlimited Bandwidth, Yes I KNOW, WE ALL KNOW it's not really unlimited. But the fact is, it's nice to know that you don't really have a set limit as long as it's reasonable.

Like I said before, say one month you get 3 GB, and the next you get like 7 GB, well at least if it's 3GB next month you don't have to pay for that extra bandwidth you used.

With the space thing, well if you really need more than 50MB of space than you are probably abusing the service. If you're doing a Video site, than chances are all of the content you have is copywritten material anyways, if you're making an mp3 site (why would you, its all on kazaa baby) then you should be paying for it. I think it's just so there's no real set limits so the user can feel more free to develope without having to worry about space or bandwidth usage.

It's not fair to rag down a host because they say it's unlimited. We know it's not really unlimited (unless you're naive or stupid) they know it's not really unlimited, and their servers know it's not unlimited. So what's the problem? It's like at a restaurant, when they claim to have "bottomless glasses" when you order some Coke for like $1.25. You know that you can't sit there and drink 50 glasses of coke without buying anything else. You know it's not bottomless, they know it's not bottomless. It's just there incase you don't want to have a set limit on how much you can drink. You can have either 2 or 3 or 5 glasses of coke, it's up to you! But you should know better not to take advantage of it!
A lot of the "unlimited" hosts delete accounts for using a GB of transfer, since they consider that to be overconsumption of server resources. Personally, I would be even more worried with an unlimited host because you don't even know WHEN they're going to kick you off. They could even kick you off for using 100 MB of transfer...who knows?

There are many (not just a few) sites who easily use up 100 MB without storing warez or mp3's. Sure, they might have big files, but that doesn't mean that they're necessarily illegal.

You seem to be comparing hosting and webspace to an "all-you-can-eat buffet". They're totally different, however. Buffets never kick people out for eating too much (or at least I haven't seen that happen yet :p). I would just as easily accept "unlimited" hosts if they didn't kick people off for using 35 GB of transfer (and there are people out there who use this transfer for legal purposes...just ask former 9cy owner Paul). But these so-called "unlimited" hosts are kicking people off for using a measly 3 or 4 GB of transfer -- they clearly aren't interested in living up to their "unlimited" name.

One more thing, there IS PHP on fwsh.com, it comes in their free package. Really if you want mySQL you only have to pay like $140 a year for a whole bunch of mySQL databases, but isn't there other sub-hosts where you can get free mySQL hosting and still use your current host?
What do you plan on doing with PHP with mail() disabled and no MySQL db? I guess you could create a template (although SSI is probably better) or create a simple quiz (although JavaScript is probably better).

Originally posted by kokorado
Why they not supply ASP as they run on Windows Server 2003 , sound a little strange.
it's in their "Developer Package upgrade" which means "full support for ASP, PHP, Perl, Windows CGI (.exe files), ISAPI and ODBC (Access .mdb databases)."

Originally posted by Antonio
you get the paid host or free host?

in my opinion
there is no unlimited space in the world
if your space are unlimited how about the other users:bandit2:

You say "In my opinion there is no unlimited space in the world."

Actualy, that's not an opinion...that is a fact.

Originally posted by Stardew
You say "In my opinion there is no unlimited space in the world."

Actualy, that's not an opinion...that is a fact.

You guy's need to read my posts before you reply to them. Take a look up there /\ read it and understand it! Im saying that everyone KNOWS there's no such thing as unlimited space (Until they come out with DNA harddrives) it's just a gimick to get people to sign up with them.

Originally posted by soken
Is it support mail() ?
If ya , is it limit to use ?
Asking for a host that supports mail() is almost as stupid as asking, "Will you let me beat you on the head with a baseball bat?" :rolleyes:

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Asking for a host that supports mail() is almost as stupid as asking, "Will you let me beat you on the head with a baseball bat?" :rolleyes:

Sure, hit me over the head with a baseball bat, but i sure as hell still wont give you mail() access. ;).

Back