• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Future of MSIE?

priyanka

Hi guys,
There was a time when people used to use either Microsoft's Internet Explorer or Netscape. But now after the emergence of new browsers like mozilla, opera,Avant etc. people are using IE very less. Just wondering, What's going to be the future of MSIE? :confused4

Mozilla is great, I finally switched to it last week.

The problem is that the majority of internet users don't know anything about computers. The average user buys a new computer and it comes with a link called "Internet Explorer". They think that the window that opens up when they click on that is 'The Internet'. They don't even know there's other 'browsers' and if they do, they don't care, and if they care, they probably wouldn't know how to find one, download one, and use one.

Thus, I would say the future of IE is fairly bright... :)

msie will continue to see its domainance for years to come as it continues to be boxed with windows. i'm suprised more ppl aren't goin for the alternatives due to the security scares in recent articles i read. or has the SP2 for winxp solved all these problems?

so what about security scares, its as if it affects people.

people hear about it all the time, it doesn't necessarily mean they believe it could happen to them.

however, if all other countries start being all bitchy about equal rights and such like the EU, microsoft may be forced to take out IE from its default installation, to allow for other competitors onto the market - which is stupid

I think Mozilla is much better than IE .. but the average user doesn't does what it is .. I mean internet = IE for most newbies .

So the future is still bright i wud say ..

The fact of the matter is, people still design sites to work with IE primarily. When I need to work from home, I have to connect to my job's VPN, they require me to use IE to connect, in Mozilla, it doesn't allow me to do that.

The fact of the matter is, people still design sites to work with IE primarily. When I need to work from home, I have to connect to my job's VPN, they require me to use IE to connect, in Mozilla, it doesn't allow me to do that.
Ah-ah-ah... people still design SOFTWARE to work with IE primarily. It's ActiveX and other IE-only software and programming packages that are the root of most IE-alternative browser decompatability. I haven't come across a site in ages that I had to open IE for. The last one I can remember is There.com, and that's because of, as I said, software.

The only browser I've found comparable to IE is firefox. But I'm so used to IE(and the fact that firebox screws up tables) that I stick to IE.
And this crap about 'fair use' and forcing Microsoft to package other browsers with windows as well is like asking Coke to sell Pepsi on their massive shelf space to ensure "fairness".

Last edited:
Back