• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

frozenmidnighthosting,nightmare experience one month.

srxq

first, I am glad to introduce myself: I am a student from China, so my English is a bit poor, but I will try my best to tell you my very bad bad expericence with frozenmidnighthosting( next, I will called fmdhosting)
one month ago, I searched in the google, and found fmdhosting. by the msn contact, I talked to the admin of fmdhosting. He was very friendly, and gave me a good price: 40 dollars for 2G/80g bandwidth.(one year) (yes,I know I have not enough money,so I need cheap and bugdet hosting) Because of his friendly attitude, and he assured his hosting will be very stable,and this is my first time to buy foreign hosting. so I hadn't made much consideration, and quickly I paid 40 dollars and got my account.
ok, until that, I felt very satisfied, and three days later, the server suddenly became very slow, I checked the server load by my own script, it always became nearly 100. so I contacted with the admin, he helped me to change another hosting. But very strange, the nameserver he gave me is: ns1.influxhost.net and ns2.influxhost.net. ( if you don't believe, I can give you the email fmdhosting sent to me). I asked him why, he told me fmdhosting and incluxhost was the same company, and will be together in the future. ( I have kept our chat record, if you need, please tell me). Though I doubted fmdhosting is a reseller of influxhost, but since I just hope to buy a hosting(not need very fast, just need stable, the uptime can be 99.5%). So, I accepted his saying, and began to use my account.
then the next one month is good and satisfied,until the last saturday.
on the last suturday, my site often cann't be opened every serveral minutes, or became very very slow. I knew every server will have some problem, so I haven't do anything, just to wait, because I think the fmdhosting will give me one email to tell me what happened.
but nearly 3 days past, there was nothing notice to me. so I have to contact with the admin. I opened a ticket, but no reply. I emailed him, no reply. I posted on his forum, no reply(when he found that post, he deleted that post at once). At last, I contacted with him on the msn.( I kept our chat record, so I guarantee what I say next is real,or I will post our chat record next). He told me it is because my site used too much cpu usage( in fact, I had asked him whether he had cpu limit, he told me no. and in fact, my site just is a small forum, there are less than 15 people online every day. and since he said my site used too much resourse, why in the past one month, he didn't give me a warning? why unitil now tell me this).ok, since he said so, I backed up all my data, and closed my site ,just left a script to check the server load. But in the next 3 days, the server still perform very very bad, the server load often became nearly 80 every serveral minutes, and crashed again and again. ( I have grasped the screee picture, and then I will give a link to show you.) So I contacted with him again, he told me the server needs to be fixed.(since it needs to be fixed, that should be his server problem, not my site). ok, I waited again, but 2 days past again, the server still crashed again and again,and my site has been down for nearly 10 days, and until beginning to now, the fmd don't give me one email to tell me what happend, and how many days should I wait.
this is fmd site: http://www.frozenmidnighthosting.com/2/
what they say: 24/7/365 friendly custom support ( I just felt rude, and very very bad)
99.9% network uptime ( let me show you the real statics from siteuptime:
City Country # Uptime Downtime
San Francisco United States 5 60.000% 40.000% Details
Check time (PST 2.0) Result
02:00 AM - 05:51 AM Failed
06:18 AM - 07:20 AM Ok
07:51 AM - 07:51 AM Failed
08:18 AM - 11:50 AM Ok
12:20 PM - 01:22 PM Failed
01:49 PM - 02:19 PM Ok
02:52 PM - 03:52 PM Failed
04:19 PM - 09:20 PM Ok
09:52 PM - 09:52 PM Failed
10:20 PM - 01:50 AM Ok
ok, do you need more evindence? I have gave up my 40 dollars, although it is my half of fee in one month. so if you need the picture, the chat record, the email he sent to me, I can provide all.
very very bad experience, maybe before buying hosting, I should make more preparation.
waiting for nearly 10 days, I lost all my patience. maybe he will fix his hosting, but I will not trust fmdhost any more.
fmdhost, a very urgly hosting.
at last: I should post this in two days later, but I am so angry and so dispointed, I cann't bare this.
my site: http://azhen.info/nianyue/index.php
sincerly!

That's why you shouldn't go with webhosts you found on Google. It's always advisable to checkout webhosting forums to research more. You should be able to find a good webhost here to continue your journey.

Sorry to hear of your bad expierence azhen

A very important step when seaching for Web Hosts is to test Hosts.

Sorry to hear that. Often times its best to ask for a free trial prior to commitment. I wish you the best of luck in your future hosting!

Back