• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Front Page

Christy

How much does this program cost and is it worth the money? I'd love to know people's experiences with it before I purchase it

Front Page BAD

It's about $199 at Best Buy, and it's not even worth getting it from WaReZ. It came with my computer and it is HORRIBLE. It fucks up code so bad it is sickening to look at. It will mess your site up in Netscape, make your code unreadable, add extra tags that make file sizes bigger. Don't get it. Buy a new hard drive or something that is worth the money.

Gotta agree with NIck

When I was volunteering at FC -- I had to fix more pages done in Front Page than anything else -- learn HTML instead :)

I have it and have moved away from it. It's fairly easy to use but it does limit what you can do. First, it does some unique things to code that others (as stated in previous post) can't stand. Second, you will need a host that does FP extentions if you want to use all of it's features. This can be very limiting, especially if you want to use one of the free hosts. I recommend looking at HoTMLpro. It is a little more difficult than FrontPage but still easy to pick up. You can get it for around $60 and it does give you a form of WYSIWYG. Also, most important, it will help you learn and control HTML...something FrontPage won't.

Ok, thanks...actually I DO know HTML, the basics of HTML anyway, but I was just curious about Front Page

Originally posted by Koolguy
The only thing worse then frontpage is frontpage express.

lol :D very true... if you need a good, cheap solution learn HTML...

If you need a good, fast and reasonably cheap solution get Frontpage '98 or an older version. Not only is it cheaper than getting the latest one but Netscape can now understand most of it's foreign M$ only tags.

IMHO anyway...

As most here say, Frontpage isn't that good. The best (imho) wysiwyg editor is Macromedia's Dreamweaver, but it costs $299, it is well worth the price tho.

Back