• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FreeWebz.com??

Haroon

What do you guys think of http://www.FreeWebz.com?

Its 100MB of space with no ads. I have been with them for a while, I have never seen their site go slow or go down.
Also, Ive never seen a Realtime WYSIWYG editor like they have. I think they may be starting a new trend in that respect. Thoughts?

-haroon

I assume... online...? :confused:

it sound like there were "turn-based" editors out there... wait, there's one - notepad :
I turn - write your code
II turn - press F5 to reload content :D

Realtime as in....

Perhaps realtime is the wrong word. BAsically it has two boxes, the top one is a preview of the page, the botom is the HTML code. You can edit either the HTMl and the top will change in realtime, or you can edit the page in WYSIWYG format and the HTML will change accordingly. Their menu is pretty cool too.

Well, it's not totally ad-free, they display a textlink on the bottom of every page. It would be better if they allow ftp uploading for free -why pay for ftp service?

Last edited:
supa indeed

yeah.. they have litlte ads in the left of the control panel but who cares? My pages dont have any ads, thats all i care about! go freewebz.com!

Re:

----------------------------
quote:
Well, it's not totally ad-free, they display a textlink on the bottom of every page.
----------------------------

Is this textlink on every page of your site or every page of your control panel? I looked at some example sites on their server and I didn't see any textlink at the bottom of the pages.

Also, does this server support ZIP and EXE files? I wonder what the file-size limit is?

How do I upload files to my web site?
Our FileManager has made uploading simple. You can even upload an entire site in one zip file and unzip it online into your folder! You can also sign up for FTP access upon logging in.

Can I point my Domain Name to your IP address and have it point to my FreeWebz website?
YES! You can sign up for this service after logging into your FreeWebz account.

Can I use CGI and PERL scripts?
We do support these types of scripts. CGI/PERL accounts are specially created for users and can be signed up for after logging in.
Wonder if these are paid options? :confused:

ftp is $5/month

domain hosting is $3/month

cgi is $6/month

Well, for $14 I would just go with a paid host.

checked the prices

Actually, FTP is offered at $2.50/month if you sign up for a year, CGI is offered at $3/month if u sign up for a year. Plus, you can just upload zip files and unzip them online. a $3 a month CGi host is not half bad!

Yes it is. I want CGI _and_ FTP. That's $5.50. 5 bucks buy me a paid account with a lot of other features too. :p

Back