• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

freewebspace.net has moved

Peo

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
freewebspace.net has moved!

We are still with SoftLayer (they merged with ThePlanet) but we've kissed NetSol goodbye. That's where the domain was first registered in 1998. If anyone knows why I haven't moved the domain until now, please let me know. :D

It's registered with Namecheap now.

Does NetSol still charge $35/year for domain regs? I always thought that was absurd!

$34.99/year. Apparently I've been lazy for more than 10 years...

They had no competition in 1998 so when I bought the domain I had no choice.

i remember when register.com was like the big dog on the block and i paid like $50 for my first domain, but, quickly switched when i learned of godaddy.

i remember when register.com was like the big dog on the block and i paid like $50 for my first domain, but, quickly switched when i learned of godaddy.

godaddy are so horrible though. They're constantly bugging you to buy more things and the back system is slow and clunky.

godaddy are so horrible though. They're constantly bugging you to buy more things and the back system is slow and clunky.

+ they'll suspend your domain at the first hint of a problem. I don't use GoDaddy anymore for that reason - it's hard, in hosting, to stay on top of user content the instant it is posted, and GoDaddy didn't seem to understand this. When I accused them of anticompetitive actions (as they're also a host), they unsuspended the domain and I transferred it away (this was several years ago). Won't ever be using them again.

i dont use their backend for anything, and i skip all the updell stuff when getting domains. the upsell stuff is annoying, but, it makes them lots of money, so, it will never end.
+ they'll suspend your domain at the first hint of a problem. I don't use GoDaddy anymore for that reason - it's hard, in hosting, to stay on top of user content the instant it is posted, and GoDaddy didn't seem to understand this. When I accused them of anticompetitive actions (as they're also a host), they unsuspended the domain and I transferred it away (this was several years ago). Won't ever be using them again.

i dont host with them, EVER. domains only

that being said, i have never had a problem with godaddy. they are always helpful to me, and have great prices IMO

i dont host with them, EVER. domains only

that being said, i have never had a problem with godaddy. they are always helpful to me, and have great prices IMO

I don't mean hosting. I mean the actual domain. They would suspend the actual domain. I regg'ed it with them and was using it to power a free hosting site. They had reports of phishing content or something (which I found we had already removed anyway) and they suspended the domain registration itself.

I don't mean hosting. I mean the actual domain. They would suspend the actual domain. I regg'ed it with them and was using it to power a free hosting site. They had reports of phishing content or something (which I found we had already removed anyway) and they suspended the domain registration itself.

Did you give them a nice baby-powder-fueled pimp slap?

odd, never heard of a domain being suspended, only hosting.

If you buy domain with the right company, it wont be suspended.
Godaddy is a fag company and we all know God hates fags

Last edited by a moderator:
Name.com has a brilliant back end - everything just seems to work.

I've had bad experiences with Namecheap in the past, but their rep seems to be solid so it could just be me.

Back