• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Freeservers, & 50megs.com MERGED??!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamster

Yes its true that they have and I have heard nothing good about it. Site owners from the 50megs tech forum are angry as hell-o about this and who can blame us right? we were lied to about things and what we got stinks...I am moving my site now and happily I might add. This seems to be a theme amoung FWH to sell out when they get big enough-Am I making too much of that and should I be worried about spaceports & netfirms? I just registered accts with both and am going to see which I like best before sticking with either however netfirms seems rather reliable most of the time...Any input most appreciated! :)

Pamster

Hey Pamster... give me a little background on why your ticked off. I was thinking of moving something to 50megs.

Everything should be ok with 50megs
Matt sold his FWP to the owner of freeservers a couple month ago, but they still offer the same service, only with a new account manager.

[Edited by Francois on 11-25-2000 at 02:53 AM]

about.com bought 50megs.com (Sitetracker Inc) for 8.9 million, they also own freeservers and north sky (north sky changed names don't know what there called know) North Sky provides the software for their webpages, thats why there all alike.

Also the recent downtime has been caused by about.com switching bandwdith providers and moving 50megs.com servers to a differnet location plus upgrades and the staff are still leaning how everything works.

: )

I don't think steve will be getting rid of spaceports anytime soon. Wonder if they are still running at a loss?.

I know I had my site there at 50megs since AUgust of last year and recently the service has been unbearably slow and tech help like non existant-people have gone four or more days without a word...Sites were down and I heard HERE it was a router prob and never heard one word about it there....The members in the tech forum there are really miffed and a lot are moving...Its definitley NOT the same as when Matt ran the show....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back