• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Freelane/FreeAccess/Etc. is gone!

yeah

i admit freeaccess is gone but no freelane isn't gone. Go to the website it is freelane2

And what did you want to know?

freeaccess- altavista free internet access
freelane- excites free internet access

all free isps that were run by 1st UP are gone... which include freelane and freeaccess. It's up to Excite, altavista etc. to figure out if they want to continue the service.

1stUp and Spinway are gone. Those were the 2 biggest Free Internet Providers, so many people are probably stranded right now.

Originally posted by Coolin
1stUp and Spinway are gone. Those were the 2 biggest Free Internet Providers, so many people are probably stranded right now.

Spinway was bought out by K-mart, who plan to keep it running until January... Then they will decide whether to keep it going or not.

Originally posted by Mandrake
That's a possibility... They may also have a limited free version...
Ya, that's what i heard, a limited free version and an "unlimited" pay version.

Freelane2 by excite sucks! All I get is busy signals. Forced me to pay for internet access now. :(

@home

now that 1stUp is gone and they've stranded me with netZero.. i'm actually going to get cable! they are coming to install it on the 12/23.. i'll finally be able to download files without needing to resume them 1 or 2 times :).

I have noticed about 3/4 of the free internet access providers are gone. Including the local Freenet providers. The only place I see that will have freenet for a long time is NewYork. But anyway ... BlueLight which is spinway/Yahoo/kmart in one. Has a 45 limit on their internet service. Kicks you off every 45 mins. NetZero has not been allowing me to connection for over 2 weeks now Says invalid user name even though I have re-registered a new name and downloaded the software again.

I am looking forward to DSL ... I hope to get it sooner or later. Saving up money to buy the modem and I will have cheap DSL access. Which I thik will be worth it. I can't take this dail-up stuff no more ;)

I remember when everyone said that 1stUp was a CGMI or CMGI (however you spell it) company and would last a really long time. This isn't very long to me.

Originally posted by }:8) Supermoo
huh?!?!

(Sorry if I took your post Stu ;))

huh!?
moo?!

i mean, I ain't stupid.. I ain't stupid..

i tell that to myself all the time.. that makes me smart...

Back