• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free???

no I haven't seen woofcat's thing

did it all from the 'info' on their site

spent a few days f**king it up and then today I got it done in about 3 hours - waiting not work

took me 2 days to get set up as a person and now woosh

tee hee

is the individual tax just for you?????

What do I know? I thought VAT was an UK thing.

Now I'm worried they won't let me keep my registered sub or register any new since I'm of course not going to pay. :mad:
Anyone else got their invoices?

Blah!
I registered an org.kg two days ago. Today they want money for a second level domain, BARCOM.KG, that I've never heard of. :mad:

?? in the good old days you could just register domains not pay for them and when they got cancelled just register more.

email them it's in error and don't worry is what I say

I did that first thing. It's not the money that worries me - they are not getting any.

OK, what's the trick? I suspect you just want me to suffer what you have suffered. :rolleyes:

no trick

just spreading a little joy :)

how far did you get last time do you have

any objects in their db which ones?

eg
MEOW-RIPN
MEOW-MNT-RIPN
MEOW-ORG-RIPN

Don't remember exactly. I got through the first part without problems (registering myself?). They sent me some blah-blah plus a couple of handles I should use in step two. I did, but they kept telling me they weren't valid.

Originally posted by lucifer
?? in the good old days you could just register domains not pay for them and when they got cancelled just register more.

email them it's in error and don't worry is what I say

I would tell them that there is a general problem with their registration system. Everyone can register a domain for anyone else. There is also no option to cancel a domain, if you mistyped the ID and notice it, after the domain is already registered. They should force you to enter your ID-password, when you register, as it is with the domain-modification.

Maybe they can check ip-adresses and see that the registration came from different countries or something like this.

Probably, it was one of the newbies, who heard that kg-domains are free, but never read the homepage before registration.

No. I registered for an .org.kg and they try to bill me for a .kg that I've never heard of. I'm just wondering if this is something they do regularly to scam people for money or if it's just a one time mistake.

Meow, I think someone else must have accidently put your handle in when they registered. I've been happy with them and have quite a few *.*.kgs! :)

You are right. That can be it. I think I'll write to the webmaster. I replied to the mail with the invoice but I have a feeling it won't be read by a human.

Originally posted by meow
You are right. That can be it.

I said it already in other words. It is possible to register a kg-domain with an ID, which belongs to anyone, not yourself. And that is a general problem. You are not asked for the password of the ID, which you fill out, when you register a domain, but you are asked twice, if you modify a domain.

So it doesn't count if you registered the domain, you are billed because anyone used your ID. In the case of a 3rd-level-domain this is not a big problem really, but with 2nd-level-domains this security hole can be misused too. Let's say one is looking for some free 3rd-level-domains and find them occupied by a domain-squatter. If that person is evil or/and silly, he could register a big number of 2nd-level-kg-domains for this person, for which the domain squatter would be billed.

I wonder that there were not more postings, that someone got a bill for a domain which he never registered.

And I believe you should write kg the scenario.

BTW I use all my kg-domains (in the meantime about 20) and I was not billed.

Yes, I misunderstood you. I did write to the email address at the site too. You are right. They need to add at least a pw to that routine.

Back