• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Webspace PHP, MySQL, fast, reliable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowboss

i search a host for my homepage.

currently it is at: http://shadowboss.host.sk

host.sk isn't the fastest one i believe and i couldn't sign up for a mysql database which i wanted to use for a forum.

basically, this is what i need:

at least 20 mb webspace
FTP-upload
PHP, MySQL database
fast
reliable

no, it's not bad, but i'd prefer another board (ikonboard).

the main reason why i search another webspace is SPEED.

host.sk is simply too slow.

any idea?

Oh please, you have six members only. Don't even worry about it. :confused2 Get 100 members and then ask again.

people don't register because of the speed (i can show you some emails).

why do i have to sanctify myself here?
i only asked if anyone knows a fast, reliable webspace with php/mysql......

Originally posted by shadowboss
why do i have to sanctify myself here?
i only asked if anyone knows a fast, reliable webspace with php/mysql......

People have already answered your question, the answer is "no"... for a forum, you should invest in paid hosting, no one would host a IPB or IkonBoard or any other type of BBS on a free host.

[B only asked if anyone knows a fast, reliable webspace with php/mysql...... [/B]
No, free, fast and reliable is not a good equation. Paid, fast and reliable is though :classic2:

spaceports doesnt support PHP
You complain about the speed, it's excelent compared to lycos.co.uk, it's good w/o comparing to anything too :)

Ikonboard is bad, it uses too much server resource. Get a remotey hosted phbb from dk3, invision from invision free or yabb se from boardnation. They all have good speed so you can recruit members since you said that speed was your only concern...

Once you have a good number of members go to www.webhostingtalk.com and get some host to sponsor or host your forum free.

Originally posted by puzo
...spaceports doesnt support PHP...

uh... but their sign up says:

unlimited space
up to 5 GB of transfer for your site per month
your own cgi-bin
PHP scripting
MySQL database support
helpful user forums and real-time support chat rooms

:smile2:

Originally posted by puzo
its a paid option, they just don't state it on their index, even CGI costs money over there

Uh, yes they are free. Take it from somebody who uses them and has set up a forum on their FREE server.

i search a host for my homepage.

currently it is at: http://shadowboss.host.sk

host.sk isn't the fastest one i believe and i couldn't sign up for a mysql database which i wanted to use for a forum.

basically, this is what i need:

at least 20 mb webspace
FTP-upload
PHP, MySQL database
fast
reliable
can't open

Re: Re: Free Webspace PHP, MySQL, fast, reliable?

Originally posted by Antonio
can't open

God, of your 56 posts, 30 of them must say "can't open"! :rolleyes: You live in China, for Heaven's sake! If you haven't realized that many Internet sites are blocked, then you must be blind. I live in China, and I haven't been able to access host.sk sites for over a year already, and you don't see me complaining.

Re: Re: Re: Free Webspace PHP, MySQL, fast, reliable?

Originally posted by conkermaniac
God, of your 56 posts, 30 of them must say "can't open"! :rolleyes: You live in China, for Heaven's sake! If you haven't realized that many Internet sites are blocked, then you must be blind. I live in China, and I haven't been able to access host.sk sites for over a year already, and you don't see me complaining.
maybe it band IP here ,but many hosts can't open in china ,really my english is very ,and i can only understand your meaning ,but i can't express my meaning correctly .so i just say few words

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back