• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free web space competition

stub

Well velton was the luck winner with the new competition and is the new happy winner of x-tronix.co.uk. But this week another person has to chance to win...

This weeks New Competition

Design a website for a Gaming Site Gamechimp.com

About:
Gamechimp will be a new service that offers users like your selfs the chance to play the worlds best flash games also we offer hosting Free & Paid and free UK internet access

Stuff to do & include on the design
A space for:
Shout Box
Login Box
Poll
News Letter
468x60 Banners

Please also create a logo for Gamechimp.com. The winner will recieve free hosting for life and a free domain name for life (1000mb, 10 mysql databases, cp, subdomains,php, pearl, cgi,asp, free email support, xtra ftp accounts 500 pop accounts and more)

So what u waaaaaiiiiittttttiiinnnngggg for?

Send your entries into

i_wana_win_this@gamechimp.com

please send a screen shot of your design or a link to where the template can be viewd

Closing date: 21 January 2003 Midnight
Winner Announcd 22 January 2003 Time 12:00 pm (UK TIME)

Last edited:
its was too great..but ill leave it to other that who need the space.
but can i still join the competition just for fun ? :)

Can I use an OSWD template and pass it off as my own? :p
Oooh, and what about using GIMP Script-Fu for the logo? Sorry, I'm scrounging for a domain name and all the competitions are beyond my grasp. Did you know you need _capital_ to start a domain name reseller business, or a hosting reseller business?

yes we do no weed need a _capital_ and we do have a capital you can not run a bussiness without money behind you

I just tried my hand and oh it looks awful. Yet another post wasted, too. *sigh*
Good luck, can't wait for the site to be up :)

So is the contest over now? Or is it the first person to turn in a layout? What about the Morrison-T Contest? I entered that one...:D

I hate to dig up old post but I was wondering if any of the other runners un in morrison-t.com logo contest have actually been given they prize/space they were told they would win for being a runner up ?

I was going to offer this space to someone on these forums who really needed it as I said when I entered the contest but I have not heard anything from stub on this issue and I was wondering if anyone else is still waiting for their prize ???

All in all I think stub is on the up and up as he DID give me the prize he offered for the other contest he held but it seems as of late he is nowhere to be found and I was wondering if anyone else has heard from him lately..

Once again I apologize for digging up an old topic and this I am sure is off topic but I was told to post in here so plz don't close this thread or delete this post.

Thanks,
Flexx

I really dont consider that off topic. I also have not heard anything from Stub about the runner up prize either. Nor the Morrison-T contest as I posted above. It seems as if he has just mysteriously vanished. :D

GRRRR

me either, i haven't heard from the stub, we all won runner ups in the morrison-t contest, i'm pissed cus i had a slight suspicion that this guy was a fake. i think the only guy who actually received the webspace was velton (gj) but he said 5 runner ups: me, cyberscripter and some others. i haven't recieved a reply yet and to think a hosting and webdesign "company" that has to come to freewebspace.net and post contests for people to make websites for his clients is just plain, unprofessional and a rip off. he's probably viewing this post right know under a different userid and masking his ip with a proxy in order to avoid detection from Jan the super cool administrator which might be the only person who can probably get in touch with him. sorry, it's just that i hate it when people rip me off for hardwork.

Back