• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

-------- free web hosting

Cracker

-
NLC
Hey, I haven't posted here in over 2.5 years, if anyone remembers me. I didn't think I'd ever post here again after my old website, Cyberryan's South Park Sounds Haven, joined the lambtron.com (Smiley Town, a South Park website) family in May 2003, which now no longer exists (it died sometime in 2005, about a year after I abandoned Cyberryan's South Park Sounds Haven), since I no longer had any need for free webhosts (or pay webhosts for that matter). Before that time, however, I also developed a two page website for my javascript Nine Hole Golf Card Game, which does not get updated much, and was pretty much only on the web so I didn't have to keep e-mailing the 329+ kb .zip file to everyone. That game has been on Brinkster when it started (until it cut free accounts), then on Geocities (until its ad code started conflicting with my game javascript on the demo page), and now it's on CJB's free web hosting service, which is currently the best one of the three. I just wanted to bring CJB free hosting to everyone's attention, in case it has been completely skipped over by FWS.net. However, CJB seems to be ideal only for mini-sites like mine, which have no need for FTP, server side scripting, or even subdirectories.

In case you've never heard of CJB offering free web hosting, they offer:

1 mb of free webspace (my card game pages, images, and single .zip file barely use over 600 kb)
no limit on traffic
single file uploads, no FTP
no limit on file size (?)
no ads are inserted on your HTML pages (but note that they probably expect you to use your username[dot]cjb[dot]net URL, which does have ads, since CJB was originally just a free short URL service)

Last edited:
Back