• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

free web hosting for novices

angieL

Admittedly I don't know a lot about web sites, but I want to sell my art on a web site. I tried fortunecity but it was a disaster for a couple reasons, esp. when they changed from trellix site builder. It was so easy. And no ads, of course. And no subdomain, even if I have to buy the domain name. Do some hosts have easy search registration for google ect?
thanks

angieL, most of the free web hosting provider here uses the same hosting control panel and system (cPanel) with built in fantastico scripts etc, some has site builder as well and a search engine submission (registration for google)

I do suggest however that you dont stick to the easy way because if you get used to the easy way and some on the spot changes in the situation happened, you will be lost. If you are serious about selling your art, you have to do a lot of preparation and planning (design and layout of your site, software or script to use for your site, catchy and well described domain name that relates to your business or arts, proper and most suitable keywords for your site and more..)

Getting a free web hosting is no easy task as well, because some if not majority of the free web hosting offer that you will see here come and go, so you have to find the best and the most stable ones (theres quiet a few here, if you do a bit of research you will know)

I hope that helps :)

Zac

zac, thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I see what you're saying, I guess I'm trying to go the easy route because I don't know how to make a website without a site builder and don't have a lot of extra time to learn html or a building lanuguage. Does zoom cities offer a site builder with arty type templates? A lot of the templates I see are so business-like. I just gotta start small and with what I know or I'll never start at all. Like I said, I appreciate your reply. Thanks again.
angieL

As Zac said, you should really get to know html and css so you can design a great looking website that has a similar look or feel than your art.

Also, search engine submission won't be enough, you won't get any visitors if you only submit to the search engines; you have to do something called Search Engine Optimisation so you can achieve top positions for your main keywords and therefore get more visitors. Choosing the right keywords will play a very important role in SEO, you can use this tool to see how many times a phrase is searched for on a daily basis and pick keywords that relate to your art. Although I recommend you go after more specific less searched keywords since these visitors know what type of art they are looking for and are easier to convert into buyers, and it will be easier to rank for these less popular keywords. For example someone who searches for 'colorful living room painting' is more likely to buy your colorful painting than someone who searches for 'living room painting'.

Hope that helps,

Daniel

Back