• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free VPS needed urgently

ppsz

I have a social networking site and aim to build a large community that will provide business and social solutions and discussions to drive social good and cohesion. It already has the ability to have forums, groups, classifieds etc and I would like it soon to be able to have meetings on the web etc.

The technical requirements for the hosting are as follows:

Apache web server, MySQL database system and the PHP interpreted scripting language.

• The Apache web server needs to be installed with the following modules:
• rewrite module
MySQL 5+ in standard mode.

PHP 5.2+ installed as an Apache module with the following libraries:
GD (for graphics processing: )
JSON (for API functionality) - included in PHP 5.2 and above
multibyte String Support (for internationalization)

So I need a good VPS that can host this site and can effectively carry the site and its traffic. In addition to this I was thinking of creating a e learning platform using a free open source software but not straight away and only if doable and if I have enough VPS resource for it.

I am willing in return to do any of the following solely or in combination:
1) Provide a title on the bottom of every page saying hosted on : (your host site)
2) Free banner ad (rotating banner as well)
3) Write reviews about you on my twitter account which already has about 3k followers look up amitm68
4) Post reviews about you on linked in (more than 1000 contacts), Xing (more than 1000 contacts), Twitter, my site ppsz - a reasonable amount within a reasonable time frequency
5) post in any forum you want me to
6) I have several domain names which I can offer to have you develop into websites as resellers for you that you can host and manage and which I would advertise on my site in any case in addition to your direct hosting site

Please let me know if you can help.
Thanks,
AM

Getting a free VPS will not do any good, it will either shut down in a week or so, or they will change your mind and take it away from you. Besides, spending a few bucks on a VPS is totally worth it, I don't think anyone would give it out for free.

Do you even have the site created? Just looking at the post we see the theme of potential and ability to grow, but no mention of the site even in existence.

I would suggest going with the regular free hosting and then when you gather the fan base and need something stable, larger, whatever, then you can show why you are in need of a VPS and then also show what revenue you are generating to help the host offset the costs.

Do you even have the site created? Just looking at the post we see the theme of potential and ability to grow, but no mention of the site even in existence.

I would suggest going with the regular free hosting and then when you gather the fan base and need something stable, larger, whatever, then you can show why you are in need of a VPS and then also show what revenue you are generating to help the host offset the costs.

EDIT!!!

Never Mind - I Was Wrong - J. Snyder

Last edited:
@JSnyder,

I asked to leave, I was not banned. Huge difference. Go ask R Smiley yourself. If he says any different please do let me know.

@JSnyder,

I asked to leave, I was not banned. Huge difference. Go ask R Smiley yourself. If he says any different please do let me know.

I see, i am so sorry i only saw under your name it says banned and that has been confirmed by other members, i should have asked rodger myself.

Well at least he was willing to give me something :) but I have not heard from him at all afterwords.

Well at least he was willing to give me something :) but I have not heard from him at all afterwords.

It's all your fault dude!

I sent you all the details and you lost them. Is it my fault?

Now you'll need to wait untill I rebuild the server.

I might be willing to donate a VPS with decent specs, but I'd need to see the community first and make a judgment as to how it would improve my business.

Back