• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FREE VPS and earn money??

macaws

Hey all,
Sitebunker.net is working on releasing free VPS hosting that actually pays you! There are restrictions on how many people are "eligible" or who can sign up.

We will be offering multiple VPS plans for free with no ads.

Here is one of our packages:
VM1: 20 GB HDD, 1,000 GB Bandwidth, 512 MB RAM

The above VPS only requires that you refer 5 users. Our site has paid web hosting packages that use cPanel. If you refer 5 new users each month, you get the above VPS and 10% commission. After one year with the VPS, you can choose if you want to continue referring users or not. You still receive 10% commission and keep the VPS. Each additional user that you refer after the year still gives you 10% commission.

This is not an offer (yet), but we are trying to get a rough estimate on how many people would be interested in this? We have more VPS packages, some are huge, for more referrals.

If you are a person that would definitively sign up and be an active member if this became a real service, please let us know in this thread!

And how do you maintain the servers when you offer unmetered everything for less then $50 a year? Then you top off 5 TB of transfer for free people by the proposed VPS alone?

And how do you maintain the servers when you offer unmetered everything for less then $50 a year? Then you top off 5 TB of transfer for free people by the proposed VPS alone?

Not alot of point to quota paid normal shared hosting imho...
I mean your site either fits on shared server or it doesnt.. there is now in between...
HDDs are cheap, bandwidth has become insanely cheap and no ones using any more than before on home side...
But at the end of the day, your website either dont use much cpu/hdd/bw and suites shared hosting or it doesn't...

I dont see the point to silly quota, if your going to setup quotas, sell x amount of the server for x amount of dollars at a profit then good, that person should be able to use that much and x % of the CPU at all times.

If your going to setup a bunch of plans and have the same bs CPU limit on all of them, your no better than someone with no quotas, this is a honest plan.
You either fit it or you dont and there is no inbetween.

Not alot of point to quota paid normal shared hosting imho...
I mean your site either fits on shared server or it doesnt.. there is now in between...
HDDs are cheap, bandwidth has become insanely cheap and no ones using any more than before on home side...
But at the end of the day, your website either dont use much cpu/hdd/bw and suites shared hosting or it doesn't...

I dont see the point to silly quota, if your going to setup quotas, sell x amount of the server for x amount of dollars at a profit then good, that person should be able to use that much and x % of the CPU at all times.

If your going to setup a bunch of plans and have the same bs CPU limit on all of them, your no better than someone with no quotas, this is a honest plan.
You either fit it or you dont and there is no inbetween.
Hi, I forgot to mention the CPU. The CPU is different on all plans. It does have a quota.

Edit: Oh wait... you mean the shared plans. The cPanel plans can use quite a bit of CPU, as long as it doesn't completely overload the server.
We are able to maintain this service fairly easily with the power of many servers.
OMG...At least optimize website ofr better performance. It's like 20 seconds of load time...
Hi, I am sorry it isn't loading fast... it is a 1 second load for me, however, it may have been a high load at that point or a network issue.

Thanks for your replies!

Last edited:
5 Active referrals and no cash would work.
10% of each referral after the 5 active needed for VPS.

Smells fishy though. A lot of people are going to try this and fail just because of how difficult referring 5 people and having them sign up can be, very few people will actually be able to pull it off reliably enough to keep their VPS free. I wouldn't do it just on the basis of that, with the current market conditions most people won't even make their first month's quota without spending money advertising.

On the technical side though it is fully possible if you factor in cluster configurations and the like, many hosts have unmetered bandwidth available for instance.

i agree with Seraphim,
for an individual, it is hard to get 5 paid user to signup under their affiliate link of someone else paid hosting.

but hey, it is fair enough for placing this a requirement for keeping the VPS for free.
there is no free lunch, we have to earn for the lunch
:)

Well, it's not like they have to sell $6500 dedicated servers, it's just $5 a month premium hosting....

I could sell that in my sleep TBH have a affiliate link on your sig (in other forums that allow it not here) And post a positive review.

Well, it's not like they have to sell $6500 dedicated servers, it's just $5 a month premium hosting....

Yes, but I have been advertising web hosting for a year now. To date, I have only gotten one customer to sign up using a paid plan, and it was somebody hosting a site that I was a long-time member at giving something of an inside connection to help with the deal. And my plans offer competitive capabilities with price ranges from a mere $2 a month to the nearly-reseller-sized $20 a month plan, including a decent sized package for $5 monthly.

The only people who would be able to pull off 5 paying referrals a month reliably are people who are marketing geniuses that likely would not attempt it because they are already successful on their own, or people using less-than-honest methods to satisfy the books just because they want the free VPS.

Last edited:
Back