• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Unlimited Space/Bandwidth

joecole69

This may be impossible, but does anyone know of any webservers that allow unlimited Space for free. Not bothered about any other features, just file storage.

well there is dk3.com, but not one host will allow storage, you will actually need to have a site up, and if you have warez then there is no point uploading it.

I need it store store divx movies, not copyrighted one's obviously. It would not just be for storage, they would be downloadable.

Well as i said before dk3.com
FTP
Unlim Space
Unlim Bandwith (although neither can really exist)
PHP
MySQL
WAP
Perl
SSI
run your own scripts (dont know if thats cgi or what)
.htaccess
that sounds to me like what you where looking for, but you cant have files over two meg, so i dont know if thats bad or what, but.

2mb limit mean that i would have to split the files, i wanna avoid doing that if thats possible.

thanx for your help themanonthemoon, it's greatly appreciated. any other ideas.

Originally posted by joecole69
2mb limit mean that i would have to split the files, i wanna avoid doing that if thats possible.

thanx for your help themanonthemoon, it's greatly appreciated. any other ideas.
well it is nice to be noticed, but really i remember what it was like looking for something and how good it was when you were helped. But now i dont ask for things like Unlimited Space and bandwith, cause it just dont exist, especially for file storage.

ok, forget about the unlimited part, does any webserver allow users to upload/download larger files. What about msn / yahoo communities, or do they have a limit too.

websamba ain't got a limit on file sizes...

Maybe u could try Nerdcities... the last tiem I looked, I think they didn't have file size limits

Me, for one. I currently have 85 subfolders in my site, because it has 922 files (the folder with the most files in it contains 37 files).

Originally posted by Cracker
Me, for one. I currently have 85 subfolders in my site, because it has 922 files (the folder with the most files in it contains 37 files).

I have somewhere around 100-200 files and three subfolders on my site.

Originally posted by Cracker

well, ur site must b pretty organized...

I only have 5 subfolders or something and loads of files

Depends on the website. :)
I lost track of how many folders/subfolders I had on my old site, but it was a game development site for pinball. Lots and lots of content.
Easy to keep organized if you have good cgi, just makes for long days keeping it all together. Think I had over 150 separate folders by game for my gallery section. Thank god for automated gallery generators.

Back