• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Unlimited Host

Mrh0ax

There IS a free unlimited host, with

unlimited space
no ads
email redirection
telnet
unlimited bandwith
FTP
CGI
SSI
C++

you get all that, but it you dont like downtime (which is every week or so) then it isn't the host for you, has some weird TOS though

:‹ Mrh0ax ›:
http://www.h3k.org

From their site:

"TWU's policy is unique-- Our users pay no fees whatsoever, though they must be prepared to pay for any bandwidth they use at cost, if the need be. (Should this occur-- and it hasn't yet-- only the most significant bandwidth users will be charged, reimbursing TWU for that month's excess bandwidth charges at cost. TWU would not seek or collect any profit from this, being fully non-profit.)"

Uhhhhh, just a tad open-ended IMHO! :rolleyes:

hmm

Q: How much bandwidth is the "limit"? How much bandwidth must I consume before I'm billed?

A: This is a rather common question from new users. First off, please understand three important things:
There is no limit and, due to the way TWU is set up, it is impossible to state a limit or even general guidelines. Please read the rest of this answer for an explanation.
Since TWU went non-profit in mid-1999, no user has ever been charged anything-- not even a cent. This may change in the future, but it's always nice to know the trends of the past.
TWU is fully non-profit. If you ever are charged, the maximum you will be charged will be whatever is "at cost" to TWU-- currently $10 per gigabyte (not gigabit; one gigabyte is equal to EIGHT gigabits) of traffic.
TWU is a communal system run not by a complex system of rules, but as a sort of cooperative based on mutual trust-- a true "union". Bandwidth comes from a communal pool of 20 gigabytes (GB) per month for the entire machine. If TWU exceeds its bandwidth quota, TWU gets billed. If TWU gets billed, the bill will be divided among the largest bandwidth users by the TWU admin, according to the amount of bandwidth used by each user.

So, in other words, you will only be billed if:

TWU is billed for exceeding -its- bandwidth quota (20GB/month for the whole machine) to any extent worth our ISP billing us for.
AND... The bill exceeds what TWU is willing to eat. (e.g. TWU might eat a $20 charge, but not a $200 charge)
AND... You are one of the top few bandwidth users.

WTF? i wonder if i ll get a bill?

Hmmm...20 gigs is plenty if they only have a handful of members but what happens if they end up with hundreds or even thousands? And $10/gig is highway robbery (if they're even telling the truth and that's what they have to pay). Decent enough concept I suppose but it'll all fall apart if they take on too many members.

i used that host once, i thought it had good resources but the downtime, that shows that they are not very professional

:‹ Mrh0ax ›:
http://www.h3k.org

[Edited by Mrh0ax on 11-26-2000 at 11:54 AM]

Back