• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free subdomain ad-free host

MacCool

Hello everyone!

First of all, I want to say that I find it great that there is a community which helps people to find a host that suits them! :)

Ok, I'm a design student and I want to present my work. I have been looking for a good host for some time now, but wasn't lucky.
I don't need much:

A subdomain URL (preferably with a .net ending and of course, it should be short and nice, meaning nothing like xxxxxxxxxxx.bestfreewebspace.net)
Ad-Free!
I guess 10-20 MB will suffice.
Reasonable bandwidth (I got images to show, and maybe later a few short animation clips, well depends on the space)
FTP
Either Mail accounts or mail forwarding
Reliable and friendly support

That's it.
I'd be happy if there are more features like forum, PHP or mySQL, because I would like to get my knowledge about these going, meaning a ground for practice would be great. But isn't obligatory.
You people have experience with that: What do I need to have my news organized in a way that I only need to enter the message and time, and a script inserts it automatically in, say, the news page? Do I really need mySQL and stuff for that, or are there free services out there providing such features?

I have tried out MSNC from Portland, but their Mail domain forwarding never worked, and they never answered support questions. And furthermore it's relatively slow, ok I can live with that, but 100 MB/month bandwidth... That is quickly eaten up if you have a few graphics and photos on your site.

Thank you all for your help! :classic2:

-mac-

Whatever.mtxcs.net = Soon! I'm resolving some problems with @mtxcs.net Mail Accounts, DNS and FTP UP :p

:(
Unfortunatey not.

netfirms.com uses banners.

distanthost looks ok. But I have to wait sometime til they're open for sign-ups again.

Are there any other which wouldn't require me to click banners?

Originally posted by MATRIX
Whatever.mtxcs.net = Soon! I'm resolving some problems with @mtxcs.net Mail Accounts, DNS and FTP UP
"www.MTXCS.net" = Free Web Hosting, (300 MB Space, 500Mb Bandwith, PHP, MySQL, PostGreeSQL, Control Panel) Will be released Soon...

Sounds very nice!
Would you mind contacting me, when it's up?

And: What's the catch? ;)

Originally posted by MacCool
Sounds very nice!
Would you mind contacting me, when it's up?

And: What's the catch? ;)

None, you only need to Support our Advertisers for Upgrading the Server;)

"www.MTXCS.net" = Free
Web Hosting, (300 MB Space, 500Mb Bandwith, PHP, MySQL, PostGreeSQL,
Control Panel) Will be released Soon...
how can you offer
such specs for FREE ?? - If it turns out well (wich i hope so) i would
like having an account there too!! :D<br>

Shouldn't you make the space more realistic since there's no way somebody can use 300mb but just use 500mb bandwidth :eek:

Originally posted by spoonybard
Shouldn't you make the space more realistic since there's no way somebody can use 300mb but just use 500mb bandwidth :eek:

Because the Bandwith is Upgreadeable:)

MacCool, have you ever thought about getting any free web host and just sign up to dot.tk to get a redirection domain for free?

Originally posted by MacCool
About when are you planning to have the release date?

-mac-

Hi!, yes it will be soon :) (from This Weekend to Monday:p)

I have to Install the Control Panel to Finish i got the Subdomains working, Mail Working, POP3 Mail Working, PHP, MySQL...

PostgreeSQL shall whait untell i investigate more about that System...

The Layout Will be Up soon, a friend of me will be Create the Signup Scripts in PHP;) (That's a good Friend)

Well, if you want to know something else contact me an i'll aswer you:p

Originally posted by indx
MacCool, have you ever thought about getting any free web host and just sign up to dot.tk to get a redirection domain for free?

I actually did. But unfortunately they don't offer mail forwarding. Otherwise it would be ok.
Anyway, f2o.org looks great. They have temporarily closed down new applications (because the admin is getting married...), but the community there is great and they got all the features one (or at least I) could dream of, and of course, as you can see, the URL is so nice and short.

Matrix, depending on the host plans I still have to decide whether I try it with f2o or with mtxcs.

Have a nice time!

-mac-

Maccool

dot.tk
also has free email fowarding
if u sign up and log into the my dot tk thiing at the bottom u can set up 5 free email acounts and what they foward too
along with the .tk url redirection

Ok, after reading through it again, I saw that dot.tk offers mail forwarding. Dunno how I missed that...:rolleyes:

Snake, sorry, but I was looking for something that doesn't require ads of any sort (well, apart from a little "powered by" or "hosted at" button).
Still, I want to kindly request a complete feature list of your site, if that's possible. I saw the space, bandwidth, mysql and email. But are there other noteworthy features? What about .htaccess? What about catch-all mail? sub-sub-domains? forums? blogs? SSI? mail sending using script? cold fusion? limits on php?

And for now, I am happy about the community at f2o. I think I can learn a lot from the people over there, I'm already getting to know people. I don't know whether I will get an account, when applications are accepted again. Still, I'll try over there.

I think you can follow my intentions. Though I'm open to you arguments :)
Tell me, maybe snake-inc IS the better choice!
:confused:

Hello Mac, about the services we offer for free:

"Snake, sorry, but I was looking for something that doesn't require ads of any sort (well, apart from a little "powered by" or "hosted at" button).
Still, I want to kindly request a complete feature list of your site, if that's possible. I saw the space, bandwidth, mysql and email. But are there other noteworthy features? What about .htaccess? What about catch-all mail? sub-sub-domains? forums? blogs? SSI? mail sending using script? cold fusion? limits on php?"

We do offer .htaccess features. The speed of our servers are extremly fast(compare to that of other hosts). There are no limits on php, or cgi, or mysql. If you are going to host a domain with us, then you can have sub-domains(I think there is a limit, I'm not sure what), same goes for catch all e-mail address. SSI is allowed, mail sending scripts are allowed, cold fusion - not sure about that.

Hope that helped.

As for the ads...it's a small thing to give back from the features that we offer for free.

Check out our community forums at : http://snakeinc.ws/forum/

Great Support turnaround times also provided.

Back