• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free SMS Script Needed

Andrej

I'd like to launch a new site for a particular country to provide free SMS messaging to mobile phones.

I will build the site myself, I just need a script that will be sending the SMS messages to mobile phones for free right from my website.

Do you guys know where could I get the script?

i believe that you also need hardware not just script one kind of gateway
ask sms service providers and get the idea from them

Which country ??

I believe there are a few networks in the United States that will allow you to send sms over thier email gateways to mobiles on thier network, however a LOT of networks / countries disabled these services when WAP came about,

Last edited:
Hardly any of them actually work still, like I said most service providers stopped people using thier email2sms gateways ( for free anyway ) to send messages when WAP was introduced to the public at large, and that is the only way you can get messages to a mobile without having access to an smsc, and unless you're really sad, and want to spend 6 months with an old nokia and a draw full of sim cards, searching for a smsc that allows free messages ( VERY RARELY ONE BECOMES AVAILABLE, EVEN THEN IT LASTS A MATTER OF HOURS ) then you're pretty much stuck.....

If your website makes a revenue then it might be an idea just to buy a service from somewhere.

Some US networks still allow you to send messages to thier phones for free, Cellular One, and Dobson, which I believe are owned by the same entity.

If you really wanna find out then phone up all the service providers you can think of in your country and ask them, normally if they allow it you would send emails to number@isp.tld and they would relay the message to the phone.

The thing is with that is you'll have to know what codes belong to what networks else the messages will be emailed to the wrong gateway and never delievered, and as mobile companies each get new blocks of numbers regularly that's an almost impossible task.

Back