• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Service that Nobody Can touch

unfortunely you have to supply a credit card number and for only 10mb worth of bandwith its not worth it. Especially when i don't have a credit card.

I thought the 10MB bandwidth was a typo at first until I went to the site. mississa, maybe you could make that a more realistic amount? 300-500MB is good for smallish sites. 10MBs and their site would be offline most of the month for excessive bandwidth. :confused2

I agree that 10Mb is not alot but for 75% of websites which barely get any traffic ( 100 - 200 visitors ) month on just static html pages its more then enough. If you are downloading mp3's or streaming or doing anything like that I agree you would have to pick one of our other plans. We can't offer more because what would be the point. People would just get free accounts and never need to upgrade. Our goal is to have people upgrade to our free plans. As we all know companies that offer free services never make it.. they just end up going bankrupt and that is not our goal. Our goal is to offer a free service that both the client and the company can afford.

Oh BTW.. fuzzylogic.. the credit card is a way that we found works the best for getting rid of people who are not using the service as they should be but to try to use the machine to hack other machines or whatever. We dont allow that stuff and we are very carefully. We don't bill your credit cards @ all. If you go over the bw limit we will simply call you and let you know and you make the decision of what you would like to do. We are a very reputable company and we care about what the customer things. We are willing to work with anything who is reasonable and we make sacrifices to insure the customer is always happy ( even if you are just a free customer ) . You guys should try it if you don't belive me... see for yourself and then judge the company.

Originally posted by mississa
Oh BTW.. fuzzylogic.. the credit card is a way that we found works the best for getting rid of people who are not using the service as they should be but to try to use the machine to hack other machines or whatever. We dont allow that stuff and we are very carefully.

If you have no ablility to defense attack, It means you are not qualified in this field. :cool2:

Oh BTW.. fuzzylogic.. the credit card is a way that we found works the best for getting rid of people who are not using the service as they should be but to try to use the machine to hack other machines or whatever. We dont allow that stuff and we are very carefully. We don't bill your credit cards @ all. If you go over the bw limit we will simply call you and let you know and you make the decision of what you would like to do. We are a very reputable company and we care about what the customer things. We are willing to work with anything who is reasonable and we make sacrifices to insure the customer is always happy ( even if you are just a free customer ) . You guys should try it if you don't belive me... see for yourself and then judge the company.

Plus who wants to get a phonecall about there website going over it's bandwidth limit??? What's that all about??

It just seems rather shady that you would request a credit card number when the service is meant to be free. I'd be worried about surpise charges showing up on my bill. There are other ways to confirm clients and to deter fraudulant accounts with less chance of abuse of information.

may i suggest that you revise your plan perphaps. maybe someting like this:
5mb space
50-100mb of space
3 POP3 email accounts
CGI, PHP, ASP, etc
one account limit
removal of credit card bit.
That should ease up any problems at the moment. I'm not saying having the credit card bit is bad, its quite nervy to had to put up a credit card no just to use a free service. Must users are sacred as it is just putting it up for paid hosting. The requirements above such be enough to run a basic host for anyone. Hope this helps.

I agree that 10Mb is not alot but for 75% of websites which barely get any traffic ( 100 - 200 visitors ) month on just static html pages its more then enough. If you are downloading mp3's or streaming or doing anything like that I agree you would have to pick one of our other plans. We can't offer more because what would be the point. People would just get free accounts and never need to upgrade. Our goal is to have people upgrade to our free plans. As we all know companies that offer free services never make it.. they just end up going bankrupt and that is not our goal. Our goal is to offer a free service that both the client and the company can afford.

yesterday, i just finished my site , already 17 mb

Originally posted by Loon
Is FTP access metered, i.e does it count towards the bandwidth allowance?
LOL....
when yuo upload your 10Mb site you can't view it for a month..
you used your 10Mb traffic (if it's counted)

Hehe...that's pretty funny :biggrin2:
I suggest altering your plan like so:

10MB space
75MB bandwidth (as you say bandwidth is tight)

Then the rest of the features :classic2:

We never claimed that we would give anyone free service regardless of what you use. If you are using 75MB of bandwidth just to create your site your doing something with it and you should pay. I never claimed it was the best plan however find me companies that offer what we offer for the price we offer " free "

It's just another lame ploy to try their service then upgrade.

We are a reputable service...

Translation=In business 6 weeks :cool:

Really...you guys should know better by now most of these are ploys...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back