• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free remote phpBB host with free backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J. Angel

Hey there,

Looking forward into making a phpBB forum for a French soccer club for the new season beginning July, I would like to know what are the different free remotely phpBB forum hosts out there that are reliable, French language supported and who offers free backups. A fee would be acceptable too but I would like to be able to do the backups myself. And of course, a possibility to download backups is needed as I would like to be able to host it on my own once I'm able to do so.

I did a search myself on Yahoo! but there are so many of them, I don't know which is reliable neither offering free backups.

Thank you for your help!

A.J.

Last edited:
Any cPanel account allows you to pull a full backup or a staged one whenever you wish, and most hosts are okay about restoring them for you if needed for a full 'cpmove' backup.
Just for info for you :)

Umm... my preference goes to remote forums host for now, sorry guys. And I don't like much post-2-host neither. Thanks anyway!

If you have an accout there, could you tell me if the database backup is downloadable for a transfer?

If you are doing a backup of just a phpbb forum, then you can do so via the admin panel (backup database). This will create a .sql file, that when you go to another host, you can edit the sql file with wordpad or notepad.

If/when that time comes, feel free to PM me if you need help with that.

Last edited:
If you are doing a backup of just a phpbb forum, then you can do so via the admin panel (backup database). This will create a .sql file, that when you go to another host, you can edit the sql file with wordpad or notepad.

If/when that time comes, feel free to PM me if you need help with that.

Hi Sain Cai,

Thanks for the offer! I'll remember it.

I do know where to go though, I have never really done it myself. This is the first time ever I will be making a forum that's why I'm looking for a remote host first. But with time, I want to host the forum myself on my own server so I could be sure there won't be any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back