• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Quality Hosting with cPanel and Great Uptime NO ADS

i am currently with xuhost and they have been down since about noon on thursday may 4th. luxury (xh2250), if your reading this, please check your PM's. hopefully they will be back up soon. i dont think they 'left the hosting business' as im sure those who were being hosted (one of them being me) would have recieved some sort of notification. and to my knowledge, i didnt recieve or read any such notice. however, xuhost is a great host and i hope this incident wont detour anyone from applying for hosting once they are up and running again (hopefully).

LooseSniper said:
i am currently with xuhost and they have been down since about noon on thursday may 4th. luxury (xh2250), if your reading this, please check your PM's. hopefully they will be back up soon. i dont think they 'left the hosting business' as im sure those who were being hosted (one of them being me) would have recieved some sort of notification. and to my knowledge, i didnt recieve or read any such notice. however, xuhost is a great host and i hope this incident wont detour anyone from applying for hosting once they are up and running again (hopefully).

They are gone, read here:

http://freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?p=714934#post714934

... you have to be kidding me. What kind of notice telling your members that your closing is posted on a forum and simply says "backup your site and prepare to say goodbye"? Well, seeing as it is free, i guess i cant complain. Although, does anyone know of a good, RELIABLE host, who offers at least 200MB space, at least 1 MySQL database and doesnt have any file size limit? Thanks.

Best Regards,
LooseSniper

200 posts is certainly nothing to someone like you who spends half of your life on the Internet. People are very greedy these days, and crazy new web hosts are now offering more than they can provide. There are way too many hosts who give but get nothing in return, ruining other free web host business and in the end, still going down as a result. I remember the days where 50 posts were needed for only 5GB bandwidth and 200 posts for 20GB bandwidth. Hundreds of people signed up for that in a few hours. Nowadays, this no longer exist; people scoff at even the idea of making only 10 posts.

As for LooseSniper... check your pm...

Last edited:
xh2250, you could have given us like ONE DAY to backup our sites? Or send us an email? I wasn't home and I couldn't backup, I lost a lot of links in my directory.

harmony said:
xh2250, you could have given us like ONE DAY to backup our sites? Or send us an email? I wasn't home and I couldn't backup, I lost a lot of links in my directory.

You have at least some backup right?

icemansnowman said:
LOL!!! 200 posts for that??? You gotta be kiddin! I would NEVER pic such thing! NEVER EVER! http://hostingspace.org gives me way better things and I had even better option in nitwon LOL and also Xtreem Web XD

for a simple request of 200 posts, thats extremely good. You seem to forget two things. 1: ITS COMPLETELY FREE, and 2: look at some paid hosts. To get an account like that costs like 100$ a month (thats assuming a host is willing to offer that). Hmmm, 100$ a month or 200 posts to request, then posts every once in a while afterwards....

As for xh2250... check your pm...

Last edited:
Back