• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

free php hosting without any ads (mher.org)

Seems to work fine. Nice straight-forward file manager. I haven't figured out how to make a sub-directory, though -- maybe not possible.

SCUM

1. The design is a TOTAL rip-off. It was Fortune city's design. Though Fortune City has changed their design, you can still see it here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20030324211838/http://fortunecity.com/

it is totally the same except "EXPLORE" and "TOOLS" buttoms. They have "FORUM" in place of tools button, and just have explore text cloned-out. LOL! the guy cant even remove that buttom to fit the nav bar nicely..
wait, there is more! look at the "FORUM" text closely, especially at R. compare that R with the R from "SUPPORT" buttom. Its different FONT!!! how retarded, can't even match the original design. LOL
also, hover the cursor over some buttoms,you'll notice that FORUM buttom changes a bit..it is not supposed to, lol. now, hover over FORUM buttom itself...it has no roll-over image! LOL duh!
almost all the text are the same...

now, look the left side bars of mher. "MEMBER LOGIN", "DOMAIN NAMES" and "INFORMATION" are texts, but the last "SITES" table is an actual image. look at the left side bars of origianl FC site. all the left sidebars names are images, not texts. yet another flaw.

from original FC design-- about us
FortuneCity.com, Inc.

FortuneCity is a top provider of free webspace and affordable, reliable ad-free web hosting and dedicated hosting services. We also provide domain name hosting and web and email redirection services. FortuneCity is the best place to host your personal or small business website.

from mher rip-off -- about us
Mher.org, Inc.

Mher.org is a top provider of free webspace and affordable, reliable ad-free web hosting and dedicated hosting services. We also provide domain name hosting and web and email redirection services. Mher.org is the best place to host your personal or small business website.
LOL-- i think this guy did a Find and Replace Fortunate city for Mher.org in Dreamweaver. There are many more design flaws..it may take 10 more pages, LOL.

2. the copyright text says 1999-2003 Mher.org, Inc. Since 1999? NO! check the whois, it was registered on 26-Nov-2003! haha... and they say they have been in biz since 1999, pfffff!
oh the domain may have been registered,then renewed...but how come it does not show up in Internet Archieve machine, or Google search for mher?

3. you could argue mher and fortune city are the same company. but whois search yield that mher is registered to a guy in Jordan...but FC only has branches in NY and Germany...hah!

mher server is in (San Diego?) CA, U.S.A, hosted with rapidgrid.net. FC is in NY hosted at its OFFICIAL parent company Ampira.xxx

4. this mher says they have been there since 1996 and have more than 20,000 customers...then how come you need to put Google ad-words on your site? LOL need lil money to cover up so-called your big company? :doh!:

xxx FC was opearted under Ampira Corp till recently. you can see it in copyright text in archieved site. on the current new site, ampira isnt not mentioned much but it is still there in public releases/financial reports.
http://www.google.com/, search for,exactly, this: "ampira pdf site:www.fortunecity.com filetypeSEMI-COLON-HEREpdf" without quotes. (the letters in url are replaced as smiles by this Board)

5. a quick nmap scan shows many open ports, including port 6666 (IRC). How is this "experienced" host can be "reliable" with so many open ports?

6. the grammer on the site is mostly incompetent..as he seems to be from mid-east. in Terms and Conditions, the company is referred to as Mher.org. in privacy policy, it is referred to as The Mher.org Network. In copyright notice, it is referred to as Mher.org Inc. ehhh---inconsistencies!

By visiting any of The Mher.org Network sites...
i am not sure, but can you have capatilized T in the a sentence? I thought it was only in titles or at the start of the sentence.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

ps. to above poster, WTF you moaning about command line. :confused5
ps. praise me for such nice job. ^^ :applaudin :coolmusic

[edit] yet another flaw:

on their site, AMD logo is shown. http://mher.org/business_web_hosting.shtml

but their host, raidgrid ( http://rapidgrid.net/dservers.html ) only has P4's and Xeons, no AMD. Did this guy flew an AMD from Jordon to U.S.A? I doubt it. :p

Last edited:
LMAO, It's one thing to rip a site another to rip one of the most popular sites on the internet.

Total Idiots.

Originally posted by 13351
SCUM

1. The design is a TOTAL rip-off. It was Fortune city's design. Though Fortune City has changed their design, you can still see it here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20030324211838/http://fortunecity.com/

it is totally the same except "EXPLORE" and "TOOLS" buttoms. They have "FORUM" in place of tools button, and just have explore text cloned-out. LOL! the guy cant even remove that buttom to fit the nav bar nicely..
wait, there is more! look at the "FORUM" text closely, especially at R. compare that R with the R from "SUPPORT" buttom. Its different FONT!!! how retarded, can't even match the original design. LOL
also, hover the cursor over some buttoms,you'll notice that FORUM buttom changes a bit..it is not supposed to, lol. now, hover over FORUM buttom itself...it has no roll-over image! LOL duh!
almost all the text are the same...

now, look the left side bars of mher. "MEMBER LOGIN", "DOMAIN NAMES" and "INFORMATION" are texts, but the last "SITES" table is an actual image. look at the left side bars of origianl FC site. all the left sidebars names are images, not texts. yet another flaw.

LOL-- i think this guy did a Find and Replace Fortunate city for Mher.org in Dreamweaver. There are many more design flaws..it may take 10 more pages, LOL.

2. the copyright text says 1999-2003 Mher.org, Inc. Since 1999? NO! check the whois, it was registered on 26-Nov-2003! haha... and they say they have been in biz since 1999, pfffff!
oh the domain may have been registered,then renewed...but how come it does not show up in Internet Archieve machine, or Google search for mher?

3. you could argue mher and fortune city are the same company. but whois search yield that mher is registered to a guy in Jordan...but FC only has branches in NY and Germany...hah!

mher server is in (San Diego?) CA, U.S.A, hosted with rapidgrid.net. FC is in NY hosted at its OFFICIAL parent company Ampira.xxx

4. this mher says they have been there since 1996 and have more than 20,000 customers...then how come you need to put Google ad-words on your site? LOL need lil money to cover up so-called your big company? :doh!:

xxx FC was opearted under Ampira Corp till recently. you can see it in copyright text in archieved site. on the current new site, ampira isnt not mentioned much but it is still there in public releases/financial reports.
http://www.google.com/, search for,exactly, this: "ampira pdf site:www.fortunecity.com filetypeSEMI-COLON-HEREpdf" without quotes. (the letters in url are replaced as smiles by this Board)

5. a quick nmap scan shows many open ports, including port 6666 (IRC). How is this "experienced" host can be "reliable" with so many open ports?

6. the grammer on the site is mostly incompetent..as he seems to be from mid-east. in Terms and Conditions, the company is referred to as Mher.org. in privacy policy, it is referred to as The Mher.org Network. In copyright notice, it is referred to as Mher.org Inc. ehhh---inconsistencies!

i am not sure, but can you have capatilized T in the a sentence? I thought it was only in titles or at the start of the sentence.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

ps. to above poster, WTF you moaning about command line. :confused5
ps. praise me for such nice job. ^^ :applaudin :coolmusic

[edit] yet another flaw:

on their site, AMD logo is shown. http://mher.org/business_web_hosting.shtml

but their host, raidgrid ( http://rapidgrid.net/dservers.html ) only has P4's and Xeons, no AMD. Did this guy flew an AMD from Jordon to U.S.A? I doubt it. :p

WHO CARES ?

want a cookie ?

:crying5:

ya, really though, who cares...beside they offer 10mb. well i just felt like doing it. heh. :coolmusic

Originally posted by ibfw

WHO CARES ?

want a cookie ?

:crying5:
It was very considerate of 13351 to point this out. I admit he could've simply said it was a total rip-off and just gave us a link to the archive, and we can tell the rest for ourselves. :p But then again, you don't see many of his kind these days.

Originally posted by LeX
It was very considerate of 13351 to point this out. I admit he could've simply said it was a total rip-off and just gave us a link to the archive, and we can tell the rest for ourselves. :p But then again, you don't see many of his kind these days.

Why do you assume its a RIP OFF ?

If I purchase a BMW 750 at www.bmw.com and you see it, like it and go purchase a BMW there also, you think l3351 should run like a lil tattle tale and post all your specs and call you a rip off ? :)

maybe www.mher.org purchased the template the same place that the other site did.

or is he or she too ignorant to know that theres sites like www.templatemonster.com etc that sells templates to anyone who is willing to pay the fee ?

95 percent of FREE HOSTING SITES I visit uses similar and a lot of times EXACT SAME TEMPLATES as other HOSTING SITES that they PURCHASE from a TEMPLATE SITE such as www.templatemonster.com

thats what template making sites are in BUSINESS FOR, SELLING TEMPLATES.

Link to commercial templates

Last edited:
errr in this specific case, fortunecity made their own template. they had their work copyrighted. and mher took it and used it. simple: copyright violation...
[edit] if FC used a free template, both FC and mher are violating copyright.[edit ends]

in general case: templatemonster gives you free templates. but the work is copyrighted to original author (seen those lil (C) things...eh?). you are not supposed to remove it. if the hosting company (-ies) remove them, they are violating copyright.

if you want to use it exclusively, you have to buy the copyright (much expensive) so no one else use it
[edit] Yes there are a lot of rip-off's. But the original author does not usually have enough finance nor time to sue them.[edit ends]

The U.S. Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. §§ 101 - 810, is Federal legislation enacted by Congress under its Constitutional grant of authority to protect the writings [eg. novels,architectural design, software, the graphic arts, motion pictures, and sound recordings.] of authors [from unauthorized copying or public performance]

Patents grant an inventor the right to exclude others from producing or using the inventor's discovery or invention for a limited period of time [mostly 17yrs].

for your BMW case: BMW did not invent cars. Even if they did a century ago, their patent would have expired. Therefore allowing anyone to manufacture cars. BUT BMW may copyright the ARCHITECTUAL DESIGN of a specific car, not ACTUAL MATTER.

Therefore, if you buy a car from BMW, you are not "copying" their work. No, you are USING it. and if I buy a car from BMW, I am not "copying" from them either. I am USING it. :) :coolmusic :applaudin

p.s: remember the videos the teachers borrowed from blockbuster, and showed you (the students) ,back in grade school? They were violating copyright law (public performance). :) there are video stores specifically for renting for public showing.

Sources: http://www.patents.com/&e=7421 , http://www.law.cornell.edu/topics/index.html

Last edited:
Originally posted by 13351
errr in this specific case, fortunecity made their own template. they had their work copyrighted. and mher took it and used it. simple: copyright violation...
[edit] if FC used a free template, both FC and mher are violating copyright.[edit ends]

in general case: templatemonster gives you free templates. but the work is copyrighted to original author (seen those lil (C) things...eh?). you are not supposed to remove it. if the hosting company (-ies) remove them, they are violating copyright.

if you want to use it exclusively, you have to buy the copyright (much expensive) so no one else use it
[edit] Yes there are a lot of rip-off's. But the original author does not usually have enough finance nor time to sue them.[edit ends]

for your BMW case: BMW did not invent cars. Even if they did a century ago, their patent would have expired. Therefore allowing anyone to manufacture cars. BUT BMW may copyright the ARCHITECTUAL DESIGN of a specific car, not ACTUAL MATTER.

Therefore, if you buy a car from BMW, you are not "copying" their work. No, you are USING it. and if I buy a car from BMW, I am not "copying" from them either. I am USING it. :) :coolmusic :applaudin

p.s: remember the videos the teachers borrowed from blockbuster, and showed you (the students) ,back in grade school? They were violating copyright law (public performance). :) there are video stores specifically for renting for public showing.

Sources: http://www.patents.com/&e=7421 , http://www.law.cornell.edu/topics/index.html

you arent a lawyer whos after mher to sue him/her

so again

WHO CARES ?

you need a life, a hobby

you trying to perceive yourself as intelligent when you really looking like a lifeless xxx :)

your BS rhetoric is nothing more than "babbling"

continue to try and convince yourself your comment here mean any shyt to mher.org

case closed

you can however continue your "senseless rant" here by yourself :)

:applaudin :biggrin2:

A hosting company who rips designs doesn't care about copyright laws...what would keep them from ripping and stealing stuff I might put on any webspace I use from them? It matters...it's not just a rant [altho it was a little long ;)]

Originally posted by ibfw
you arent a lawyer whos after mher to sue him/her

so again

WHO CARES ?

you need a life, a hobby

you trying to perceive yourself as intelligent when you really looking like a lifeless xxx :)

Wow. First of all... "Who Cares?"... you must care alot to reply so viciously so many times. Second... "you need a life, a hobby"... should the man (13351) that makes an attempt to report a possible scam get a life... or should the man (ibfw) that doesn't care whether or not the host is a scam, challenges the majority of the replies of the post and has nothing better to offer this post than negative feedback by bashing certain replying users. Hmmm... Lemme think about this one... You should rethink your approach to replying to threads unless of course you do support con artists and enjoy bashing others just to make sure that deep down you know you are smarter.

"case closed"

Back