• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free music streaming?

heymrdj

The Debian Lover
NLC
I have a site and would like to have a little radio thing going for people to listen to while they are browsing around or just to open to listen to. I would host myself but my ISP strictly enforces no serving of any matter. Not even FTP. SO I need to find a free one. It needs to be on 24/7 cause I have a few listeners during the day (EST america) and some in australia. I myself or anyone for that matter will be talking (this isn't a DJ system to be exact). But I will allow commercials as long as they are not adult in nature (many younger vivitors will be listening). I appreciate it. Thx.

I am setting up my own shoutcast or icecast server 24/7 to DJ for my club. Its Jpop and other appropriate Japanese songs. If you want to DJ then PM me.

What is covered by the term Djing. Cause see I just want to have an execute link on my page so people can click on it to get into live stream. I'm in highschool. I can't actually saty and DJ. Its just music streaming. Besides my voice sux big :D

heymrdj said:
What is covered by the term Djing. Cause see I just want to have an execute link on my page so people can click on it to get into live stream. I'm in highschool. I can't actually saty and DJ. Its just music streaming. Besides my voice sux big :D

Me too, I just stream music and give out free domains once in a while when I feel like it.

Sweet I'd love some free streaming space. Thx alot. Like you mine is Jpop and anime songs :D.

Just wonder guys, a bit off topic ^^
Can we put japanese song for streaming? :) just wonder since like english song we need to have original CD. But what about Japanese? Do we need to do so? Or we don't need since like we are not living in Japan somewhat? ;)

Thanks ^^

Wish the best VH ^^

Dan ^^

Oi this legal argument goes like the roms. You can distribuite the music from ANY source as long as the files are A. not downloadable :) and B. is playing or has been played on a japanese radio station. Hope that clears it up for you. Oh and I like ur anime avatar :D Hmm I can't remember her name. But she's that girl on Gundam Seed.

Oooops :$ Hehe... Thanks HeyMrdj ^^... It's Lacus Clyne and Gundam Seed Destiny Is finished yesterday! A bit bad ending though (oops spoiler)
Okay thanks now I am understand :) Since my friend want to share some of his lovely jpop song as well :)

Anyway VH looking forward for your good job! hope it's going well (i know it's a bit hard to set it up :) )

Dan ^^

Well I'm getting off for the night. One last question Visionary Host. Am I like getting my own account with login info or how this works. I know this is free and I don't want to inply but thats just what I'd prefer. Thx alot for this VH :D. If there's anything ya need let me know.

u.s. copyright laws state that music artists (in most cases, there are some weird cases such as the beatles since michael jackson owns some of the rights) have the right to "royalties" or a "pay per play" charge for everytime that a song is aired. as far as i know this is merely for songs played in the US. i am not aware of the international copyright laws. Too have a truly "legal" music stream you must:
A) have the artists permission to broadcast the song
or
B) hold a licence from a licenceing company/agency
or
C) have the rights to the music (such as the music being created by you)

hope this helps clear up the question of legality.

Yep. Read the non US laws on anime and anime music. You'll find them strangely (and nicely) different :D.

Hey THanks t0pher :) What about JPop somehow t0pher? :)
(I think this is a bit off topic ehhe)
Also there is a bad news somehow :> Legalise Anime?

Last edited:
Shoutcast

hehe
i like better. actually i was reading and its more secure. and takes less bandwith. i read it in PCGEEKS
(weekly subscriber LOL)
u know....i can host as many as i want on my friends computer hehhehehe

What next

Sl like what do I do? :D login or wait for another account? Also am I supposed to use 20kb WMA or Mpeg4 AAC format?

Back