• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Message board/Forum!

I just added WBB to the "good" (I might change it to bad right afterwards, though) list. WBB isn't too great of a board in terms of technicalities, but it looks much better than most boards (heck of a lot better than phpBB 2, even though it's still ugly). If there was a list for "average" boards, I would probably put it there.

I believe wbb should be in the very good category. It has an excellent admin cp and easy to manage interface with high degree of customisability.

Yup, wbb2 will be a paid version. But after seeing the beta I can say it is a very good version. Great speed increase and the best admin panel out there...even better than vB!

I believe that wbb isn't the best. It has lots of features but has got some bugs I've noticed. I think that phpbb is the best as it is well managed. Phpbb might not have as many features but I would say its more stable than wbb.

Originally posted by LastActionHero
I believe wbb should be in the very good category. It has an excellent admin cp and easy to manage interface with high degree of customisability.

Yup, wbb2 will be a paid version. But after seeing the beta I can say it is a very good version. Great speed increase and the best admin panel out there...even better than vB!
Right, because you make wbb hacks. And to say that wbb2 is better than vb, not a chance.

Originally posted by The Red Guy
Right, because you make wbb hacks. And to say that wbb2 is better than vb, not a chance.

I'm not saying wbb2 is better than vB. What I'm saying is that wbb2's admin panel is better than vB's. Maybe vB will catch up by version 3 but right now the best admin panel out there is wBB's. You have to see it to believe it. Even I didn't believe it when one of my forum members pointed it out.

About the bugs yes there are 4 or 5 bugs with only one major bug that might affect the users experience. Apart from that the other bugs rarely occur. I think bugs are part and parcel of any piece of software.

I'm not saying wbb2 is better than vB. What I'm saying is that wbb2's admin panel is better than vB's. Maybe vB will catch up by version 3 but right now the best admin panel out there is wBB's. You have to see it to believe it. Even I didn't believe it when one of my forum members pointed it out.
No, many ppl (some at your community) admits that wbb 1 (if you're referring to it) lacks some acp features and one even made a hack to mimic the vb acp.

I was reffering to wbb 2's admin cp :rolleyes:

Also IMO wbb1's admin cp is better than PHPBB2 or IB or XMB but definetly is not as good as vB.

Also IMO wbb1's admin cp is better than PHPBB2 or IB or XMB but definetly is not as good as vB.
phpbb and xmb yes, but IB? Also, the main thing is features and not acp, that's the part where wbb is disappointing. Installing hacks on it takes a long time also, not forgetting the backend.

In terms of features, it seems that WBB is already quite amazing, better than phpBB and XMB. However, when it comes to bugs and other problems, WBB has quite a lot (and so does XMB). PhpBB, while it is low on bugs and high on reliability, it is also low in terms of features and "good-looks".

I wouldn't but wbb on my good list because it does seem to have quite a few bugs. One thing I do like about wbb is the amount of hacks there are and it does have quite a good hacking community. However, these hacks are quite hard to install. I think that there should be a hack install feature in the wbb acp. I'm not sure if this would be possible but it could be made so that you could paste something into a form and it installs the hack. From my experience with php it might be possible but maybe a security risk.

Originally posted by cheatpark
I wouldn't but wbb on my good list because it does seem to have quite a few bugs. One thing I do like about wbb is the amount of hacks there are and it does have quite a good hacking community. However, these hacks are quite hard to install. I think that there should be a hack install feature in the wbb acp. I'm not sure if this would be possible but it could be made so that you could paste something into a form and it installs the hack. From my experience with php it might be possible but maybe a security risk.

This is exactly what one of our forum members set out to do and he almost successed in doing it. He created a program which applied hacks automatically to the files that needed to be updated. But unfortunately majority of the hacks weren't ported over to the new format.

Originally posted by cheatpark

Do most other boards have this? I don't think I've seen it anywhere else. It would be quite revolutionary, except you would have to get others to port over their hacks to work with this new system, wouldn't you?

This is exactly what one of our forum members set out to do and he almost successed in doing it. He created a program which applied hacks automatically to the files that needed to be updated. But unfortunately majority of the hacks weren't ported over to the new format.
If I can recal, it's by eiSecure called Easymod. But no one really uses it, cos there aren't enough hacks able to work with it.

Originally posted by The Red Guy
If I can recal, it's by eiSecure called Easymod. But no one really uses it, cos there aren't enough hacks able to work with it.

Yeah you are right and as I said not many hacks were ported to it because hackers were either lazy or didn't want to.

Yeah you are right and as I said not many hacks were ported to it because hackers were either lazy or didn't want to.
I tried it before, and I ran into many bugs. It was not able to run even though I'd specified the index.php file.

I have tried phpBB2, YabbSE and XMB all were installed by my hosting company, I just tried and found the phpBB2 is the best!

It's just a shame that phpBB 2 is ugly, and that few people ever customize the ugly colors and images. :( It would be a good (not outstanding, but just good) if we only counted features. They are lacking in quite some features, but their features are overall good.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
It's just a shame that phpBB 2 is ugly, and that few people ever customize the ugly colors and images. :( It would be a good (not outstanding, but just good) if we only counted features. They are lacking in quite some features, but their features are overall good.
It's not ugly! :mad:

You can always install a new template and change the colours. Just because most of the people who use the board don't customize it does that mean the board is bad everywhere you see it? If you really hate the looks then change them.

Back